Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Small CRC rant
  • scotsman
    Free Member

So I ordered up some bits from CRC a week or so ago, stuff turns up, part of the order is 2 meters of Goodridge cable outer which you purchase by the meter, open the box and find two 1 meter sections 🙄 Call them, no probs they say we will just send you a 2 meter section and keep the two 1 meter bits you have 😀 CRC box arrives today tada same again two 1 meter bits 🙄 🙄
    FFS how hard can it be!
    And before you ask it wasn’t the 1 meter only ones for 3 quid.

RealMan
    Free Member

?

steezysix
    Free Member

dans160
    Free Member

They are winding me up as well. Over a week now waiting for one order were the part was showing in stock and is now not. I was promised two days ago that it was about to be sent. Madly I ordered some stuff today from them but paid the extra charge for 24 hours delivery. Still processing and no response to emails.

Ah well. Good luck with your hoses.

shedfull
    Free Member

Probably temps who are there for the Christmas rush.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Problems here as well, ordered the Christmas gift vouchers over a week ago as a present for someone.

Showing as processing. Emailed them yesterday morning and now waiting for a response.

It’s getting pretty close to Christmas now, slightly worried.

robbo
    Free Member

Lots of CRC issues at the moment…

Could it be their billboard advertising campaign has brought in too much business? Hope so…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

chased em every day since Friday on the phone. Each time I was told it would be sorted that day and despatched.

Still not despatched. Not feeling the love for CRC anymore….

rocketman
    Free Member

Madly I ordered some stuff today from them but paid the extra charge for 24 hours delivery

Good luck with that 🙂

dizcostix
    Free Member

funnily i had the same issue as the OP about a month ago. ordered 3 metres of disc hose that turned up in 1 metre lengths. they sorted it out in the end at no cost to me and i now have enough spare front hoses for a lifetime 🙂

fenred
    Free Member

They are VERY poor at the moment. Temps or not they need to get their game together.

I’ll only ever use them as a last resort in future, would rather pay an extra couple of quid and go somewhere with better quality of service.

alfabus
    Free Member

They did the same to me (hose split into 1 metre lengths)… I needed it urgently, so I went to my LBS; I suppose I should really complain and get a refund!

Dave

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Funnily enough, a similar thing happened to me – I ordered two x 1 metre lengths of hose and they sent me one long 2 metre bit.

Wonders never cease!

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah it does seem that all we have in plentifull supply these days, is shit to sort out.

I bought a new light bar mounting bracket, they sent it out in a 12″ x 8″ box, the royalmail then didn’t bother delivering it and refused to redeliver, so I had to collect it.

I’m on hiloday as of today and have decided to do as little a possible, limit the amount of shit that can go wrong.

Hope everyone is doing OK and has a lot of laughs this festive season 😀

scruff
    Free Member

I use my LBS alot, they gave me a long length of hose for free.

happysv
    Free Member

Not only have they put the wrong barcode on the box they have then ticked it.
    Ruined my sons Christmas ,no chance of getting the right size now 🙁

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

massive box for tiny items is my recent experience – forces a trip to post office to collect, then I get stuck behind lots of grannies asking if they can still buy war bonds and I grind my own teeth away.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ruined my sons Christmas ,no chance of getting the right size now

tbh I was in the same situation a few years ago and .25″ doesn’t make much difference especially when they grow so quickly.

I would build it up and let your son take it out Xmas day he will be made up with it.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Just to balance the CRC bashing a bit – a small tale of service above and beyond…

I bought an own-brand chainring bolt spanner from CRC six months ago, and a couple of weeks back it breaks while on active duty. I send them an email with photo of offending item in two bits, and today I get a full refund of what I paid for it, and a free Park Tools replacement (as the own brand one is out of stock), and a ten pound off voucher!

With that kind of service I’m willing to forgive them being a bit busy in the lead up to Christmas…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My order has been ‘getting sent out today mate’ for the last two days. Still shows as processing when I log in. I can live with the wait, it’s a busy time after all, but I would sooner they were just honest about when I can expect it to arrive. If the LBS’s stocked what I was after I would have gone to them.

perthmtb
    Free Member

catflees – I don’t want to sound like an apologist for CRC, but my experience has been that orders sometimes remain in a status of ‘processing’ for a few days after they’ve actually been dispatched, so don’t give up hope that yours is actually on its way. In fact, I’ve got two orders I’ve already received that are still showing as processing – and one was from 2009!

boxfish
    Free Member

I paid for next day delivery by 1pm when placing an order on 15th Dec. It arrived yesterday…

When I called to chase the order, they refunded the postage cost and apologised profusely. I think they underestimated order numbers for Christmas?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Small CRC rant’ is closed to new replies.