• This topic has 2,037 replies, 151 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 2,038 total)
  • Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Waste of time watching this match … 🙁

binners

Right result. Looking forward to watching Southgate  make it look like that’s not what he was playing for

januzaj Is in for a bollocking off Martinez 😂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Like I said earlier that can not do the team any good whatsoever. I’m sorry but surely any sport psychologist would agree that playing shit and subsequently losing aint good for morale!

binners

We got the right result. Belgium didn’t.

januzaj Clearly didn’t get the email

whats the problem?

Did anyone really think it was ever going to be anything other than that?

nickjb
    Free Member

Like I said earlier that can not do the team any good whatsoever. I’m sorry but surely any sport psychologist would agree that playing shit and subsequently losing aint good for morale!

Most of the team didn’t play, though

binners

how many of that team will start the next game? You know… the one that actually matters?

The keeper, and…. erm….. no…. that’s it

So…..  a whole first team who have been kicking back, and haven’t played 90 minutes that the next opposition will have

hmmmmmmm

We got the perfect result to end a perfect qualification through to the important stuff

Southgate is proving shrewder than any Engerland manager since El Tel

Bring it on!

Klunk
    Free Member

depends on how much they made at the bookies

wrightyson
    Free Member

No, it resonates hrough the squad imho. Rashford was dog shit. Would you start him now? Impact player at 70 mins? None of the above, that game will have done his confidence no good. If he’d have been brought on at 60 mins with the first team around him would he have been better? How teams have performed so far in this world cup has been so far off predictions that the bookies must be loving it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s hard to beat a team who doesn’t want to win…

Every first 11 player will know they are better and good enough.

nickc

that game will have done his confidence no good.

He’s a pro footballer, he’s not 12.

PrinceJohn

As I said earlier, we always lose on ITV, unfortunately the next game is also on ITV… Columbia for at least the semi finals?

wrightyson
    Free Member

He’s a pro footballer, he’s not 12

Because being a pro footballer stops you acting like you’re 12…..

Klunk
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

the only thing I got from that game was that Alexander-Arnold was pants.

alpin
    Free Member

when each side fouled or tripped each other up they just got back up and carried on.

I noticed this. Almost refreshing.

Loftus-Cheek seemed to do well.

BadlyWiredDog

Oh god, cue a week of people mispronouncing and misspelling Colombia… disastrous result 🙁

hodgynd
    Free Member

Brilliant result ..could hardly stop laughing at how bad we were trying to be while still looking like we were being competitive ..

Pickford’s fumble ..Rashfords miss when the keeper was inviting him to put it to the left where there was a gaping hole..plus many many more..

I even woke up to see Trents interview with his best hang-dog look ..confident in the knowledge that if we played all through the night there was not a cat in hells chance of anything other than a defeat on the cards ( there’s an acting career waiting for you when you hang up your boots son …an Oscar surely awaits .)

Well Done boys !

theotherjonv

I’d better get my haircut this weekend now. The local barbers is owned by and staffed mainly by Colombians, and if they win they’ll be unbearable and if we win – well, they’ve got scissors and razors and I’ve (currently) got ears.

Looking forward to Tuesday already!

piha
    Free Member

Disappointing game and although I think it wasn’t the correct decision to change the starting line up that much, I won’t read too much into the result.

@ theotherjonv – I’m certain we use the exact same barbers in Stoughton and I agree, they’ll be insufferable!

ransos
    Free Member

I reckon Japan is an easier game than Colombia.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

All last night taught us is that A) we didn’t really want to win and B) Belgium have more depth to their squad than us.

Think the group stage was a success overall – our first 11 is well rested, our path to the semi final is as easy as it can be at this stage (yes I know we can easily lose to Colombia, but playing two of the so called “lesser” teams is better than one easier and then a much harder tie.)

To those who didn’t like the changes/performance/result – The bottom line is we’re in a far better position today because of it.

France, Argentina, Uruguay, Portugal, Brazil, Mexico & Belgium will be knocking each other out so only one remains.

Spain & Croatia will do the same.

I’d equate this to Leicester’s title win – we have a pretty good starting 11 who are quite hard to beat, and look a threat from set pieces. The more talented opposition aren’t playing at their capabilities, and if we keep grinding out results you never know.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Ranos …you might well be right but I don’t see either game as being particularly ” easy ” ..

It’s a knockout cup game where anything can happen ..

ransos
    Free Member

Ranos …you might well be right but I don’t see either game as being particularly ” easy ” ..

I said “easier”  not “easy”!

Colombia will fancy their chances against us. Still, that could be ok as we tend to do well on the counter.

binners

*engages tired footballing cliche mode*

There are no easy games at this stage of a world cup

*disengages tired footballing cliche mode*

What we need to hope for is that Falco displays the same ruthless eye for goal and clinical finishing as he showed at Old Trafford.

Most.

Overrated.

Player.

Ever.

ransos
    Free Member

What we need to hope for is that Falco displays the same ruthless eye for goal and clinical finishing as he showed at Old Trafford.

Most.

Overrated.

Player.

Ever.

Aye, cos no-one else bombed under LvG!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Colombia will fancy their chances against us. Still, that could be ok as we tend to do well on the counter.

I hope they spend hours going over the video from last night, they will master how to stop that long ball strategy we employed….

As professionals and momentum it’s a bike like a league cup game in between other important fixtures

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not strictly world cup news ..but welcome Ki the South Korean captain & midfield player to Newcastle United ..always looked a decent player for Swansea..whom he is leaving and joining us on a free transfer ..good work by Rafa given the limited or should that be the non existent transfer budget he currently has at his disposal ..

binners

I don’t know if you’ve had five live on, but if you missed it then this is well worth a listen

Colin Murray interviews England football legend Stuart ‘Psycho’ Pearce

He comes across brilliantly, unsurprisingly enough.

So it’s business time! Knockout stages. WOOOHOOOOO. I’m going Uraguay and France on form so far.

ugarizza
    Free Member

come on ARGENTINA!

binners

No VAR required for that decision

Whaf the hell was Rojo doing?!! 😳

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye daft. thought argentina started well enough tae.

Caher

Warm welcome back to the defensive clowns. Poor Messi.

Caher

Wow!

seosamh77
    Free Member

brilliant, been a decent game.

martinhutch

Got to admit that the Argies have some of the best goals this WC.

fifo
    Free Member

That is one of the best strikes I have ever seen

Rockape63
    Free Member

That is one of the best strikes I have ever seen.

Really??  Great goal, but seen plenty better!

anagallis_arvensis

That ones better!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Now that was a strike!!!😮

fifo
    Free Member

It is indeed. Golly

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 2,038 total)

The topic ‘Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.’ is closed to new replies.