SLX or XT brakes

Home Forum Bike Forum SLX or XT brakes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SLX or XT brakes
  • peterfile

Without wanting to sound cheeky, have a quick search on here, this pops up a lot, you’ll find loads of experiences.

In summary though, there doesn’t seem to much perceptible difference in performance between the two – the XT is a bit shinier though if you like that sort of thing 🙂

banks

Try searching the forum, question gets asked a lot.

coogan

I’ve got new and old SLX and they are both superb. I got a good deal on them and didn’t see much point in spending more for XT. And I didn’t like the shininess of XT to be honest!

mtbtomo

Are SLX or even XT really an ‘upgrade’ over Formula RX?

SLX don’t have the freestroke adjuster but that’s about it.

I’m running Formula RX at the moment, having previously had SLX on another bike. SLX are a bit more immediate (less squidgy that Formula) and because of that I’d prefer to put some SLX back on, but for the cost and hassle of internal routing on my frame, I can’t be bothered.

atlaz

To be honest it’s more about shedding heat. I drag the brakes a bit on alpine descents and I’d like something that cools just a bit faster. I only did it twice at the weekend but both times I very nearly had a pretty nasty accident.

atlaz

I want to upgrade my Formula Rx and quite fancy some XT with the ice-tec stuff. However, loads of the reviews say there’s not much practical difference between the two. Anyone got experience of both?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SLX or XT brakes’ is closed to new replies.