SLX Group set?

Home Forum Bike Forum SLX Group set?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SLX Group set?
  • joeelston

That’s the best price for the SLX groupset I could find when I was doing a bit of price comparisons a few weeks back. I like to mix and match Shimano though. On my BFE build I went Saint cranks and rear mech. XTR shifter. XT cassette and SLX chain and brakes. Cost me 220 all in but it’s 1×10.

Premier Icon funkrodent
    Subscriber

By all accounts SLX is very good. Shifts flawlessly, is tough as old boots, has a good chainset and doesn’t weigh too much. Pound for pound I’d say you’d struggle to get much better, particularly if you want to combine serious longevity with good quality

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

Thought as much. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing an obvious alternative.

I will have a look at seperate prices to see if there’s any cheap xt bits on sale anywhere but the Merlin deal looks great.

Might sell the SLX brakes as already have Deore and they seem spot on.

razorrazoo

I got the Merlin double set a few months ago and it has been great. Now gone 1×10 so parts of it have now moved on but been very happy with it. I love the brakes, lever feel is really nice and converted me to single forefinger braking, cranks are good too and finish is holding up well.

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

Im biting the bullet and swapping drive train from 3×9 to 2×10.

Riding is singletrack / wild and centres / fun in the woods and hopefully mini enduro soon.

Is the £350 slx set from Merlin the best bet? I dont want to spend more but wondered if there were better alternatives (love the look of the SLX)

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SLX Group set?’ is closed to new replies.