Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SLX cranks – going to end up polished silver with heel rub?
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

As per title, yes it's a bit vain, blah, blah…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

You must walk like a duck then. 😉

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well I've always had silver cranks you see so I don't know if I'd cause it… but I've seen XTRs all polished and horrid looking…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

Get some Crankskins from Ebay USA. I've had a few sets over the years and they have saved the looks of several cranks. Costs about £7 for 3 or 4 pairs.

I put them on my XTR's from new and they are perfect! The skins themselves have needed replacing a few times. And they are available in many colours including clear.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Another bandy legged person here, my XTRs are now nude 😎

I stuck some 'copter tape on them when I first got them, it unstuck itself pronto, then I got over myself and just rode it.

coogan
    Free Member

Flippin' 'eck, what if it gets covered in mud too?! Heavens above!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Flippin' 'eck, what if it gets covered in mud too?! Heavens above!

God forbid anyone actually have any interest and pride in their own bike!! Next you'll be suggesting I should actually ride the thing… Heavens above indeed! 🙄

goog
    Free Member

get some flats !

GaryLake
    Free Member

Now that's just crazy talk!

coogan
    Free Member

Seriously though, does it really matter? Not trying to start an argument, but they will get scuffed anyways.

matthew_h
    Free Member

My drive side SLX crank has downgraded itself to LX as the S has rubbed off. I feel cheated

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Exactly. If the letters rub off, who's goign to know how much cash you've splashed?

Saying they will scuff anyway is a rubbish arguement. Why wash, you'll only get dirty again?

coogan
    Free Member

Who's going to care more like.

njee20
    Free Member

I just put helicopter tape on all mine, applied with a hairdrier it always stays put for as long as I keep the bike! Then you take it off and they're still perfect, thus worth more!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Coogan, I see your point, but do you not see where I cunningly pre-empted in my OP exactly the sort of line you're taking with 'blah blah'

DezB
    Free Member

Crankskins. Quite beautiful 😕

coogan
    Free Member

Yep. Thought I'd just dive right n there anyway. If it helps any, mine ain't scuffed yet. But then I have flats…

younggeoff

Copter tape here, make sure teh cranks are nice and clean and warm tape with a hairdryer whilst applying.

Olly
    Free Member

My drive side SLX crank has downgraded itself to LX as the S has rubbed off. I feel cheated

LX are CLEARLY better than SLX IMPO.

Exactly. If the letters rub off, who's goign to know how much cash you've splashed?

shock! whos going to know that you were to cheap to buy XT if it rubs off?

😉

Squirrel

Just angle your cleats so you can'y turn your heels inwards too far. Has worked for me for years (and no knee problems). Simples. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SLX cranks – going to end up polished silver with heel rub?’ is closed to new replies.