Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SLX Crank O rings – missing or never there?
  • jim600
    Free Member

Hi all, need a bit of help from someone with some slx cranks to hand . I’ve just got a new set of slx m665 cranks, started fitting them and noticed there is a no o-ring on the non-drive side arm. I havn’t had slx cranks for a while but I think I remember the old models having an o-ring pressed into the arm. Do the m665/more modern versions not have this or am I missing an o-ring.

Its this model I have:

Thanks!

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve got those no O ring on mine…

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I don’t remember an o-ring on any of the ones I’ve had.

jim600
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, sounds like I’m not missing anything then.

I’m sure one of the older shimano cranksets (xt or slx) had o-rings pressed in – see this pic:

So was just checking I wasnt missing one.

belugabob
    Free Member

Looks like you should have o-rings…

Shimano Tech Docs

jim600
    Free Member

😕 That does look like there should be 2 o-rings included. Should be fun sourcing a spare one of those 😕 🙄 – I’ll have to see what I have in my spares box. (I know it’s not exactly a critcal part, but anything to stop mud getting in the bb this time of year.)

passtherizla
    Free Member

well i never…

rc200f8
    Free Member

my SLX’s have O rings

hilldodger
    Free Member

Found my nds crank didn’t have an O ring after taking them off for a clean, assumed I’d lost it – like you do 😳
    Went to LBS who said it should be there but sometimes missing from OEM/unboxed parts, they ordered me one from Madison, cost less than two quid as I recall and came in a few days……..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SLX Crank O rings – missing or never there?’ is closed to new replies.