Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SLX brakes, leaking from bleed nipple. fixable or not?
  • PolisherMan

Front calliper is oozing fluid slowly and getting onto the pads. I’ve recently bled them, but been washed a few times so I know it’s not just oil left over from then. Is it worth trying replacing the nipple, or once they start leaking is it a lost cause?

JAG

Bleed nipples seal at very low torque so I’d want to remove the bleed nipple and have a look before abandoning it. There should be some sign of damage or trapped debris in there for it to leak.

You may be able to fix it very easily 8)

Dibbs
    Free Member

And if all else fails a new caliper is under £25, so hardly worth spending much time and effort on.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Take the bleed nipple out and see if the o ring is damaged and also check the sealing edges are clean and smooth, grit or the like will make it harder to get a good seal.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Try some PTFE tape around the bleed nipple.

gkeeffe

+1 for the PTFE tape..

nixie

In a very old hope calliper I had someone had tightened the bleed nipple to much and cracked the calliper half very slightly. When tightened down correctly it didn’t leak.

Is it leaning from around the bleed nipple (i.e. where it threads into the calliper) or through the bleed nipple.

PolisherMan

Ok, I’m going to have a fettle now. Pretty sure it’s leaking through the nipple… snigger…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SLX brakes, leaking from bleed nipple. fixable or not?’ is closed to new replies.