SLX Brakes – I-Spec compatible?

Home Forum Bike Forum SLX Brakes – I-Spec compatible?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SLX Brakes – I-Spec compatible?
  • timbur

It’s not a threaded hole is it?
    Thought it was a hole that goes into the clamp area with a smaller one adjoining it.

robarnold

Yes you can. Same clamp as XT & XTR. There is no threaded part in the lever clamp, the Ispec cover comes with an Allen bolt and a nut that sits in a recess in the clamp for the bolt to screw in to. Not very easy to explain until you actually get the bits in front of you

robgclarkson

1st result in goole images, and it came from here too 😉

I_Ache

I Spec B shifters will work with the above style levers. I have them on mine.

bent udder

SLX i-Spec shifter on a Deore here (eventually – when the rest of my geared drive train arrives) – will see if I can do pics. It’s quite neat, but I need to do a little bodging so I can leave the captive nut in place when I switch from singlespeed to geared, as the nut looks pretty loose in there. Small bit of bathroom sealnt might hold it all in place – or a bit of inner tube.

Can you bolt an I-SPec shifter to current SLX Brakes? HAve read reviews/blurb to suggest you can, but looking at a set yesterday I couldn’t see the threaded hole for the bolt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SLX Brakes – I-Spec compatible?’ is closed to new replies.