Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SLX Brakes – I-Spec compatible?
  • honourablegeorge

Can you bolt an I-SPec shifter to current SLX Brakes? HAve read reviews/blurb to suggest you can, but looking at a set yesterday I couldn’t see the threaded hole for the bolt

timbur
    Free Member

It’s not a threaded hole is it?
    Thought it was a hole that goes into the clamp area with a smaller one adjoining it.

robarnold
    Free Member

Yes you can. Same clamp as XT & XTR. There is no threaded part in the lever clamp, the Ispec cover comes with an Allen bolt and a nut that sits in a recess in the clamp for the bolt to screw in to. Not very easy to explain until you actually get the bits in front of you

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robgclarkson
    Free Member

1st result in goole images, and it came from here too 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

I Spec B shifters will work with the above style levers. I have them on mine.

bentudder

SLX i-Spec shifter on a Deore here (eventually – when the rest of my geared drive train arrives) – will see if I can do pics. It’s quite neat, but I need to do a little bodging so I can leave the captive nut in place when I switch from singlespeed to geared, as the nut looks pretty loose in there. Small bit of bathroom sealnt might hold it all in place – or a bit of inner tube.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SLX Brakes – I-Spec compatible?’ is closed to new replies.