Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SLX Bash Guard Replacement
  • Vinte
    Free Member

Just a quick question. will this

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40422

Fit my SLX double chain set?

This one,

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28019

Thanks
    D

feed

Yes

Vinte
    Free Member

Thank you very much.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickhart
    Free Member

Is this a record for a civil and seemingly correct answer from the stw massif?

Vinte
    Free Member

I’ll let you know if it fits!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yep, it’ll fit. Although neither ad states the BCD (Bolt Centre Distance), four bolts are generally 104mm.

I think it’ll look quite cool, go for it and post pics please!

robhughes
    Free Member

white one 🙂

perthmtb
    Free Member

Is this a record for a civil and seemingly correct answer from the stw massif?

You knew it was too good to be true!

Just one small point – Shimano beefed up the plastic around the bolt holes on their M665 bash. This was a good idea IMO, as I had an E-13 bash fail at this point, but means they needed to shorten the crank spider arms by a couple of mm on the SLX M665 crankset to accommodate it.

So, if you now go and fit a ‘standard’ bash guard there will be a few mm gap between the arms on the bash and the spider arms on the crankset. You’ll only notice it if you look hard, and the bash is still held securely by the bolts, but just thought I’d let you know in case a perfect fit is important to you…

PS: This isn’t an issue with the SLX M660 triple, XT M770, or any other cranks with a ‘standard’ fitting for the big ring/bash.

PPS: It also means that if you try and fit an M665 bash to one of the standard cranks, you need to do a bit of filing to make it fit!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SLX Bash Guard Replacement’ is closed to new replies.