Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Slow Reverb
  • variflex
    Free Member

Fun and games again.
    2 month old reverb is holding pressure, but now quite slow when extending from a compressed state back to full height.

Previously had problems with another whereby it wasnt holding pressure thus failed seals, but this one has got slower over the last couple of weeks.

Does bleeding help the speed at which is returns?

honourablegeorge

I thought the speed was controlled by adding pressure?

variflex
    Free Member

So did I. Checked it and its held at 240psi for the last 4 weeks without a problem.

iBaa
    Free Member

Have you tried adjusting the speed control located from fast to slow and back to fast to see if it makes any difference?

If there is any air in the system it would affect the speed, if you have a bleed kit I would try bleeding it as it is a simple process.

badadvert
    Free Member

the speed return rate dial thingy on the actuator?

variflex
    Free Member

Yup, checked that too

Trimix
    Free Member

Lube the seal. If it gets dirty / dry & dusty it can add friction and thereby get slow.

Also ensure your have not crushed the tube by clamping it up too tight.

I ride mine all year round in all weather and just had it serviced by TF after 13 months of use/abuse – they said it was fine. So they do seem to work well.

If you have issues send it to TF – very fast and good service.

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks will lube the seal as it has been hosed…ooops should I say sponged down a few times recently. Will also bleed.

Thanks everyone. Just love STW, its the only forum I know about where you can post a question and have answers within minutes!

Ps. What type of lube for the seal?

legend
    Free Member

If you have issues send it to TF – very fast and good service.

It’s two months old, so Fishers would be the place for it to go at the moment

variflex
    Free Member

Fishers dont want know. I have to send it back via retailer which is in germany…so last resort. Will try above ideas first. Its working, its just a bit slow.

Scapegoat

variflex –

Ps. What type of lube for the seal?
    My mate the Inuit suggests low viscosity KY, and says dont bother kissing it.

variflex
    Free Member

A clean and pushing the pressure up slightly higher (a recent return from SRAM on another reverb I have was 300PSI) and a bleed has sorted it. Looks like there may be an air leak as when bleeding alot of air was released. Will see how it goes. It could just be that when I shortened the hose when new I didnt bleed properly….time will tell.

Many thanks All

splashdown
    Free Member

Sounds like it needs bleeding.

Mine slowed down but then I bled it and now it’s fine 🙂

chemister

Mine has a similar sounding problem to yours recently after 9 months use, I bled it- really easy- and works like new again!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Slow Reverb’ is closed to new replies.