Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Slow Cooker recipes
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

Has anyone got any good recipes for a slow cooker that aren’t just another variation on beef stew?

tails
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cinammon rolls.

nealglover
    Free Member

Are you sure that’s the full recipie ?

I’ve put in Cinnamon and some rolls, but not much is happening. Shall I add more cinnamon 🙂

binners

Chicken thighs, on the bone, cook an absolute treat in the slow cooker. Don’t bother browning them or owt (why do people do this?)

Softly fry up onion, bacon and leek in butter, add in some flour (you’ll need this for it to thicken properly, then add in some chicken stock (a tin of Campbell’s condensed chicken soup works a treat for this), plenty of mixed herbs and black pepper

Pour over the chicken thighs in the slow cooker, turn it on, leave it all day and bobs yer aunties live in lover

Cougar
    binners

Thanks for that Cougar. I did have a look for my old thread but couldn’t find it 😃

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Are you sure that’s the full recipie ?

You couldn’t spell recipe.

OP get on Pinterest, it’s brilliant for all kind of food ideas.

johndoh
    Free Member

Shoulder of pork smothered in BBQ sauce. Cook on low heat for at least 12 hours then pull and serve with sub rolls, apple sauce and whatever sauces you can find in the cupboard. Extra points for jalapeños.

DrP

now… i get PERFECT pulled pork by rubbing it in spices, browning the edges, and cooking on HIGH for about 4 hours….

yums…

DrP

lunge

Noted.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Have farted around with chillis for years (fnar!) but never beaten this recent discovery (except for below additions).

Follow recipe*, yet maybe use half recommended chilli powder as it is VERY hot as is, and for better taste add 1 level desert spoon of cocoa powder and a teaspoon or two of sugar or sweetener. It is very, very good. Meaties also enthusiastically agree, IME. A winner of a recipe and very economical. Look for Gran Luchito refried beans in big orange pack, £2 from Tesco etc.

*(Original recipe in video description)

eskay

This is great in slow cooker, I normally prepare peppers, onions, herbs etc night before then chuck it in at 6am and eat around 5pm. Doesn’t have that odd taste that some slow cooker dishes have. Usually just use Lincolnshire sausages

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1940681/sausage-and-bean-casserole-

binners

This is another belter with chicken thighs…

Slow cooked chicken and chorizo

I leave out the capers but pop in some oregano, a bit of paprika and a chopped up chilli or two

stayhigh

I will often slowly cook things in the oven for 6-10 hours on a low heat (110-150°) using a large cast iron dutch oven and as such have never really seen the need for a dedicated slow cooker.

Pack of chicken thighs (on the bone of not)
    Tin of tomatoes
    Whole red pepper
    1 Red onion
    100g choizo (Iberrico if you have if – stronger, smokier flavour)
    Tin of butter beans
    couple of cloves of garlic
    Salt and Pepper
    Smoked paprika (to your taste)
    Chipotle flakes (to your taste)

Place all in the dutch oven, lid on and in the oven at 120-150° for between 6-10 hours depending on how hungry you are and how long you can wait. Serve with long grain rice or crusty bread.

Presumably this will work with a slow cooker too but you’ll have to figure the settings out yourself.

colournoise

Bin the slow cooker and cook stuff properly.

I understand this may not be a popular opinion.

johndoh
    Free Member

Why is cooking in a slow cooker not proper cooking?

zippykona

We need a veggie curry we can put on at 8.30 and eat at 6 please.

anagallis_arvensis

Veg curry is best made fast imo. Onions garlic, curry powder, aubergine, courgette, soften, add a little water add green beans or cauliflower, or both or other stuff, put on lid and steam for a few mins..

Slow cooker tarka dhal is good though.
    Like this
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/slow_cooker_split_pea_93320

I use specific dhal curry powder rather than mess about with separate spices.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Slow Cooker recipes’ is closed to new replies.