Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sloppy Dropper
  • sturdylad
    Free Member

Title to get attention obvs!
    I’ve got a Bontrager Dropline seat post in my file ex and while it works well enough it has a lot of play rotationally.
    Not too much of a drama in the grand scheme of things but I was thinking of upgrading to a Crank Brothers highline.
    Has anyone got one and how do you rate it?
    Seem to get good reviews once properly set up.

Ta

sam_underhill

Most droppers end up with rotational play after a while. A service with new bushings should see it working like new again.

ta11pau1

Yeah its the brass keyways in the shaft, they get a bit ‘loose’ after hundreds of times going up, then down and all the twisting…

You can probably replace them to make it ‘tight’ again.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Sadly I’ve given it the service using the official Bonty service kit and it hasn’t made a scrap of difference!
    While it’s still going up and down OK I’m not too bothered but it will eed replacing sooner rather than later as the anodising on the shaft is quite badly damaged now. The downside to living right next to very sandy trails!

So anyone got experience of the Crank bros droppers?

Cheers

JB

Rubber_Buccaneer

So anyone got experience of the Crank bros droppers?

I have one, has been reliable so far but hasn’t had the most use.  They are in my opinion very sensitive to set up and the more complicated your cable routing the more of a pain this becomes.  I’d buy a One-Up dropper instead, with the latest actuator not the old one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sloppy Dropper’ is closed to new replies.