Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Slippertrackworld
  • slowoldman

Go on then, recommend me some nice warm slippers for the winter. M&S and John Lewis are letting me down. I don’t particularly need slippers which look like animals feet or claws.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nordisk base camps

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have some Ecco ones which were pretty excellent but they don’t do them anymore.

Whatever you do don’t get the Mahabis ones that they advertise on Facebook all the time, although the more expensive ones might be a little better.

The normal ones are grey felt which fluffs up and looks rubbish in no time, the neoprene heel caps are rubbish and serve no purpose, and the attachable soles don’t attach very well and risk coming off and tripping you up.

Class Internet ‘shiny’ marketing.

https://mahabis.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ACQ_USUK_UK_Brand_Search_NA_CPC&utm_term=mahabis&utm_content=209938301208&gclid=CjwKCAiAoqXQBRA8EiwAIIOWslRyGi_u9OT57QsWiEqdgUtamXvv21-jP_jL5D9o9_H19t_vrHdrtRoC9R4QAvD_BwE

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I don’t particularly need slippers which look like animals feet or claws.

Of course you do. Everyone needs novelty slippers.

johndoh
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

^^^ perfect with one of those electrically operated riser chairs 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Slippers – Nuvola ones from Sportpursuit. Proper toasty. Do not have eyes or ears.

IHN
    Murray

Tesco – they’re as good as anything else but cheap

Yak

Crocs with the furry lining. Obviously this choice will go down badly with proper slipper aficionados, but they are ideal for nipping outside for small jobs when swapping from slippers to shoes would be overkill.

P20

The North Face Tent Mules. Not cheap but warm and comfy

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

£12 at Asda. Fur lined and pretty warm on my drafty floor. Just make sure you buy the size that feel too small, they stretch in a couple of days. These ones felt right but are now too big.

Lucas
    Free Member

I got some camper ones for Christmas one year – they are the best slippers I have ever had (and I see they should be as they are pretty pricey)

DezB
    Free Member

£12 at Asda. Fur lined and pretty warm on my drafty floor

I really can’t decide whether you already had that photo of yourself tenderly holding an Asda slipper in your collection, or you took it especially for this thread. 😆

maccruiskeen

I got some camper ones for Christmas one year – they are the best slippers I have ever had (and I see they should be as they are pretty pricey)

similar and a smidge cheaper are Haflinger slippers.

hold their shape very well with use – in fact still look brand new after a year or so of use.

sweepy
    Free Member

Crocs with the furry lining. Obviously this choice will go down badly with proper slipper aficionados, but they are ideal for nipping outside for small jobs when swapping from slippers to shoes would be overkill.

Crocs are my summer slipper but they are bloody lethal in the wet, especially on kitchen floors.

I got the North face tent mules for winter but since we moved out of the old cottage they are just too warm.

Kahurangi

Crocs with the furry lining

They are sweaty, don’t breathe at all and squash my arches. The CAMPER ones I had before were much better!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of bedroom athletics harris tweed slippers, have a couple of pairs cosy lining and standard. They last well and you usually get them for under £20 in their near constant ‘sale’.

ton
    petec
    Free Member

I got a dodgy copy of these from Ebay and China. Cost me £18, plus a fiver postage.

Very warm…and incredibly comfy.

Obviously have to go barefoot in them though – unless you get these as well

Tiger6791

https://www.scapino.nl/thu!s-heren-spaanse-sloffen-1167910574440

(edit simplified link http://goo.gl/fH6cma)

Always get some when we (or family) is in Holland-land

Brilliant they are…

(unlike STW ability to have a link with an odd character)

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I really can’t decide whether you already had that photo of yourself tenderly holding an Asda slipper in your collection, or you took it especially for this thread.

I already had it, carefully filed under “footwear” so it was easy to find.

organic355
    Free Member
    TomB

I’m a big fan of bedroom athletics

Me too, Gary, me too…….

Stoner
    Free Member

So comfy but outdoor-capable that I went to Archery yesterday afternoon still wearing mine 😳

blitz

Camper Wabi

Got some a few years ago ( I think after a recommendation off here) and they’re great. Warm, comfy and with the rubber sole, you can take the bins out or whatever and not worry if the ground is wet.

DezB
    Free Member

I already had it, carefully filed under “footwear” so it was easy to find

How much “sensible” is one person allowed?? 😉

piha
    Free Member

Have you lot never stood on a piece of Lego? I would never compromise when it comes to house shoes. Dolce & Gabbana embroidered velvet slippers ftw. Simply put, they have not let me down and will last a life time…..

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/dolce-gabbana-embroidered-velvet-slippers-item-11510088.aspx

cloudnine
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Dolce & Gabbana embroidered velvet slippers ftw

He ain’t wrong.

allfankledup

Crocs and thick socks

They double up as dog chews

the00
    Free Member

I wasn’t fussed by slippers until I was gifted some Homeys. I like.

metcalt

As P20 said the North Face ones are good, a little expensive (I think I paid £35 for mine) but last, mine are coming up 6 years old and are still going strong.

I have the traction version so I can go outside to put bins out etc, also good for scraping up hair from carpets so the hoover can get it.

https://www.thenorthface.co.uk/shop/en-gb/tnf-gb/nse-traction-mule-3fwm?variationId=KX7

antares
    Free Member

Emu if you’re feeling spendy
    http://www.emuaustralia.com/uk/Mens/Slippers

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wasn’t fussed by slippers until I was gifted some Homeys. I like.

I liked homeys but found the didn’t last very long and went a bit baggy.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Crocs and thick socks

Word.

Or…

Crocs ‘Mammoth Lux Shearing’

136stu
    Free Member

+1 for the ASDA mocs.

I specify these every year (wearing them now!) they last a full 12 months and are far superior in quality from anything I have had from Debenhams etc.

Please under no circumstances buy TOTES. They are more than double the prices and very cheaply made from thin material – expect 3 months use at most.

Edit – Yes, I do realise how sad it is to be able to offer advice on slippers.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I think I’ll change my log in to the Aldi Marketing Board but I’m currently rocking Aldi Moccasins with Harris tweed details. 7.99.

I had North Face ones and they are roasting, so much so that they were honking and the wife wouldn’t even let them in the bedroom at night.

cheers_drive

I work from home and my feet under my desk are next to an outside wall therefore warm slippers are essential. I had some leather uggs for several years but they getting a bit sloppy so the cold air is getting in. I’ve go Mahabis on my Xmas list but maybe I’ve fallen for the marketing.

footflaps

My slippers are a pair of 20+ year old Merrell leather trekking sandals. I find the sock/sandal combo works really well..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Slippertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.