• This topic has 32 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Slim Wallets – what’s good?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who’s got what and would you buy it again? Something for a few cards and notes  nothing more.

(Nothing with “tactical” in the product description please 😀)

nwmlarge
    Free Member

My wife bought me this set: http://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Home-and-Gifts/Mens-Gifts/Gifts-For-Him/DIGESSY-Leather-wallet-and-card-holder-gift-set-Tan/p/141839-TAN

I have yet to use the larger wallet, I only tend to use a large wallet on holiday when I have actual notes on me rather than cards.

The card wallet is perfect for 6-8 cards and a couple of notes.

Murray

Bellory – expensive but really good quality

andykentos
    Free Member

Secrid wallets, expensive but nice quality

oldtennisshoes

Bellroy card pocket 

Just the right size and durable.

I should add that I have one of their phone cases, which started to fall apart. They sent me a new one no hassle, so good customer service too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I was given a trove after my similar homemade affair gqve gqve up the ghost.

Its perfect. Few cards in themiddle notes stuffedin the sides.

All secure.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Freebie plastic train ticket wallet until it fell apart, now using my Ski Club of GB wallet 😀 (not sure what they intended it for other than the ski club membership card or maybe for lift pass cards or something).

Just for bike rides, for a card, ID/ICE and cash.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I was given a Mont Blanc business card holder – it’s got a couple of slots for cards, which is fine as I only have 2, and a couple of pockets for notes. It’s about as slim profile as I have ever seen – ideal for me. Hate massive wallets with loads of car slots, when I only have/use one on  regular basis.

Not cheap mind!

budgierider67

I really like the upcycled innertube wallet I got from a craft fair in Ghent. There are loads on the Etsy website.  It’s slim, hard wearing & is a bit grippy too so won’t slip out of a back pocket. I’ve got about four cards & some notes in mine & it’s much softer & thinner than leather so shapes to your body.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pickett.

Yes, would buy again.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Status Anxiety Flip.

Mens Leather Wallets

Cheap-ish, has been pretty good for the last 3 years and it sees a lot of heavy use!

onandon
    Free Member

Trove

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Those trove jobbies look like they’d be grand. Thanks folks.

richmtb

Develop a cocaine habit

Should keep your wallet pretty slim

Drac

iClip excellent slim wallet I wasn’t too sure of the quality when it arrived almost a year ago but it’s still going strong and looks like new.

Bream
    Free Member

Have a slim PS wallet myself, nice and soft leather with no sharp edges, currently wearing/ageing well at 5 years old.

kiwijohn
    brakes
    Free Member

Fossil do a great collection.

https://www.fossil.com/uk/en/men/wallets/view-all.html

I have a personalised card case stuffed with about 12 cars (should probably only have 8 max)

benp1

Trove here, had it after a thread on here. I bought a Hacket collaboration one, but it’s basically a trove and it’s brilliant. It’s all i’ve used since the beginning of last year and have no plans to change

The ONLY downside is that it’s SO small and slim that I sometimes forget it’s in my pocket and then don’t notice when I take those trousers off and put them away

pyranha

I use a Dynomighty one.  Cheap and simple.  Paper is pleasantly ‘slidey’ for getting out of pockets, but that might mean it falls out if you’re clumsy (not been a problem for me)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just ordered a trove. Thanks all.

I have a normal wallet for everyday use but as I have to keep all receipts, it just ends up really fat and won’t now go back to normal size even when I empty it. So in my skinny jeans and fitted chino shorts, it just ends up looking silly. Slim wallet is for social use only as I’ll just keep a curve card & an emergency card in there with all other cards loaded on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So in my skinny jeans and fitted chino shorts

#strangest

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Every pair of jeans is a skinny pair for you flashy. 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

Ever since I got a Curve card, I only carry one card, load all your other payment cards into it, and only need to carry 1 card, and Stocard on my phone for all the loyalty cards.

I use a single card slim phone case (little slot on the back for 1 card.

Really simple solution, and nothing is slimmer/cheaper/more durable than “no wallet at all”

(notes in pocket for the odd occasion I use cash)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

im getting towards carrying just the Curve card neal.

Quick q: is yours contactless? I got mine early on in the Curve business (I think anyway) and it’s C&P only.

dickster
    Free Member

Have had an Elephant Wallet, one of these Elephant for about 4 years and it’s still going strong.

Highly recommended.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Forget I asked that neal. 😳😀

nealglover
    Free Member

Forget I asked that neal.

Ok. I will.

(But yes, it’s contactless)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

(But yes, it’s contactless)

Yeah – so is mine. As Curve kindly informed me on Twitter. Without saying something like “have you looked on the back of the card for the contactless sysmbol you eejit?” 😳

nealglover
    Free Member

Hehe. 😜

To be fair though, they are the only card company I’ve ever seen that only put the logo on the back of the card.

DickBarton

Lifeventure do a slim rfid wallet thing…can take a couple of cards and notes, about 12 quid so cheap as well.

feed

God I hate these treads, just reminded me that I want a small wallet, iClip just purchased. Thanks for the recommendation Drac.

Drac

You’re welcome their excellent perfect for my hot pants.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Slim Wallets – what’s good?’ is closed to new replies.