Slim GPS Smartwatch?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Slim GPS Smartwatch?
  • Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

Mrs OTS wants to replace her Vivoactive HR with a slimmer smaller model.
    She wants GPS to record her runs and rides without using her phone GPS, so the latest fitbit isn’t an option.
    Are there any options out there?

Premier Icon dogbone
    Subscriber

Garmin 35? Does the basics really well. Battery lasts a week with a tracked run or ride most days.

scotroutes

Yeah – Forerunner 35 is what I use (and I hate wearing watches). Maybe not slim enough. It’s about to be replaced by a 45 so might be some bargains about too.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

FR235 is also pretty slim and lightweight.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

Thanks, looks like the 35 will do the job. The 235 is slimmer, but the face is a bit larger, swings and roundabouts!

prawny

The new vivoactives are slimmer feeling than the HRs. I swapped my HR for an apple watch and that for a VA3 music and they were both much nicer to wear than the VA HR.

submarined

My wife has just got a Galaxy Watch, which seems really nice. There’s a Watch Active which is less than half the weight and very similar, but a bit smaller and slimmer, and with a slightly different method of interaction (no rotating bezel) that could be worth a look?

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Practically anything from Polar is “normal watch size”. Syncs via phone, and the Polar website syncs to Strava (and others).

PrinceJohn

The TomTom Adventurer is pretty good

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

Small faced Apple Watch (38mm?) is a good shout. Think mine is a Nike gen 2 .. it does a reasonable HRM, and has GPS inbuilt, and is useful day to day too. You can often get the gen 2 on quite cheaply secondhand, but newer ones don’t add much of use for me (check it is gen 2 for included gps).

tinribz

The amazfit bip is the smallest I’ve seen with GPS.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

Huawei band 3 looks quite compact, not actually seen one in the flesh though…

prawny

I’m selling a 42mm apple watch S3 if anyone is interested will be putting it on the classifieds later

Flaperon

Huawei Watch GT? Really impressed with mine.

Premier Icon superstu
    Subscriber

slight derailing (sorry OP) but what is the battery life like whilst recorded rides on an Apple Watch?

Back on track I have tiny wrists and use a Garmin 35. Smaller face than OH’s 235 but the 235 is slimmer

prawny

Ive never tracked a long ride on an apple watch, but I used to get 2 full days from a charge with a 2 hour ride.

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

I’ve done up to 4 hours without issue, and 6 hour plus walks (don’t see why they would be different, apart from maybe more stops walking? More pauses?). Typical day to day use with maybe a 30 minute run or two, I’ll get 3 days between charges, but I generally just treat it like my phone and top it up overnight.

I had a S1 version from work (digital project needed a target) way back, that was shocking with battery life, barely made a day and had no GPS – got no complaints with this S2 though.

Premier Icon svladcjelli
    Subscriber

The Garmin 45 and 45S are expected to be announced next week, with the S version being ‘small’. Could be interesting.

Garmin Forerunner 45 Specs Leaked (45S too) – Summary Info

CraigW

Garmin Vivosport? Probably one of the slimmest with GPS. Though maybe not great battery life.

Premier Icon rjmccann101
    Subscriber

I use a Garmin Vivosport and it has been fine recording 4 hour rides.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.