• This topic has 59 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Slim folk out walking on Boxing day. True story.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

Just an observation from our Boxing day walk on Clent Hill, didn’t see any real bloaters, probably slouched in front of the telly finishing off the tin of Roses. 🙂

Just proves that old chestnut, eat less, move more.
    Might be something to remember for the New Year resolution. 🙄

DrP

I’m slim and was smoothed in front of the telly..

Makes you think… 😯

DrP

mikey3
    Free Member

What a smug ****

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twinw4ll
    Free Member

Better that being a fat ****

Gary_M
    Free Member

Makes you think…

DrP

Me too on both counts, I’m also eating celebrations and quality street at the moment. I’ll still weigh around 70kg at the end of the week.

Better that being a fat ****

Not really, not everyone hates fat people, but everyone hates a smug ****

CaptJon
    Free Member

Maybe all the proper outdoors folk – of whatever size – were enjoying something more challenging than a bimble around a country park.

matt_outandabout

Our park was packed full of all shapes and sizes as I ran past on my 4k…

/disengagesmugmode

Jamie
    Free Member

OP is just having a little fun. No need for people to get the meat sweats.

ton

i am a proper fat old bastard, managed 3 miles in freezing rain on my walking sticks.

some fat bastards are proper fit……..and tough 😀

nickdavies

I was out walking, currently pushing 15 stone which is 2 1/2 more than I should be. Haven’t ridden the bike in so long I can’t even find the padlock keys. Demolished a few too many mince pies over Xmas.

Now, where’s that STW chub club gone. I’m on a mission.

dovebiker

I made the mistake of going for a run down the canal towpath, oh dear had to contend with large groups / families of 6-8 who obviously venture out once per year and have little concept of dealing with someone coming the other way! At least they’ll be back in their cars by the weekend and normal service will resume…

rOcKeTdOg

The fat people just park & eat bacon sarnies at the cafe. The hill is too steep for them to make it up there. But their walking boots prove useful for the muddy car park

Sarnie was lovely 😉

curto80
    Free Member

Pal of mine posted a picture of himself on a bumper car with the comment “burning off the Christmas calories”.

DrP

What a smug ****

😯 😆

I’ll take that!!

DrP

anagallis_arvensis

I did a pub crawl round the Hill Tavern, Fountain and The Vine with a quick pick me up in the Woodman before driving home.

angeldust
    Free Member

This thread just seems a bit nasty for no good reason.

I’m slim btw so no vested interest in defending fat people.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m especially robustly designed at the mo and I was out walking today, perhaps we just need an extra day of eating to power up for it?

Rorschach
    Free Member

They’re all in ASDA topping up the cupboards.

Drac

Walk on boxing day?

**** that I was having my second day of Xmas dinner, a big sirloin and all the trimmings.

There’s plenty of time to go for a walk.

MrSmith
    Free Member

This thread just seems a bit nasty for no good reason.

That it may be, but the fact remains this is a nation of pie-eaters and a large proportion of the population do little or no exercise
    28% of uk adults are clinically obese, 62% are overweight (WHO study 2014)
    In Doncaster the UK’s fattest place 75% of adults have a BMI over 25 (HSE 2014) (please no tales of rugby players or the ‘big boned’ running marathons)

This shouldn’t be brushed under the carpet and ignored, there are very good reasons for pointing out that some people are lazy and overeating and it’s killing them.

Drac

The way to do that is to say he didn’t notice any if these people out walking on a day people like to be at home with their family?

dudeofdoom

Walk on boxing day?

**** that I was having my second day of Xmas dinner, a big sirloin and all the trimmings.

There’s plenty of time to go for a walk.

Yep theres the other extreme.

I’ve took a week off the bike, probably be on zwift tonight. or not 🙂 still got a few cakes to get rid of.

kerley
    Free Member

This shouldn’t be brushed under the carpet and ignored, there are very good reasons for pointing out that some people are lazy and overeating and it’s killing them.

How’s that method working out for you so far

MrSmith
    Free Member

How’s that method working out for you so far

It’s got a few people’s backs up on here, so pretty good so far. I guess the only way to tell is if somebody puts down the mince pie and goes for a walk 🙄

Houns

I couldn’t be arsed to waddle up there. Bet it was heaving. Wrekin for me today then Kinver tomorrow

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Were they wearing The North Face gear and was it from the High Street line or the STW/proper survivalist range?

This stuff matters, you know…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m fat and went out for a waddle walk on Boxing day, but only four miles on the local lanes, so no-one saw me 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

No offence intended, i have chubsters in my own family, i’ve tried the carrot and the stick, but it’s a fools errand. 🙁

My wife told me The Hill Tavern wasn’t open, someone is telling porkies.

Jamie
    Free Member

…or eating them at any rate.

mikey74
    Free Member

I went for a run on Saturday, did a 20 mile cx/road bike ride on Sunday, and went for a run on Christmas day. I thought I would take Boxing day off: is that OK? Or does it not count because the OP didn’t see me do it?

Drac

Truth be told I went for a walk yesterday too, I’m slim, I went around the corner to the co-op for more booze as we’d drank it all.

spekkie
    Free Member

We have eaten for the last few days as if it were an Olympic event! Spanish people go way overboard at Christmas. Also, they make a big deal of Christmas, New Year a week later and then “Kings day” , where they exchange gifts, a week after that.

From 7th Jan onwards we will have to starve ourselves for a month.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

i’ve tried the carrot and the stick

Yeh, it’s a bit bland.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I couldn’t really tell who Mikey3 was having a go at ..either way I don’t think there was anything smug in what the OP or Dr.P said ..just a bit of plain old straight talk …and if the cap fits..

bigG
    Free Member

I’m overweight and was out for a walk today. My excess weight is largely down to my skinny mates wife. She gives me a pie every time i screw her when her husband is out running and judging people

anagallis_arvensis

It was open in 1989!!

angeldust
    Free Member

So treating overweight people with barely concealed contempt (which isn’t the same as ‘straight talk’) is the best way to reduce obesity? It’s an approach, but I’m not convinced it’s the best one. Do you think it will encourage them to go out and exercise when they know that people like the OP is on the lookout for them to make judgement? 🙄

I always think that people that make these sort of comments are looking to revel in the misfortune of others (even if of their own making) to make themselves feel better. The number of groups it is socially acceptable to openly criticise (based on race, sex, class, background) is ever diminishing, but I guess this is still okay……. 😕

It’s not something I’ve thought about until now, but I don’t really ever see obese people when I’m out walking. I’ve noticed you get a reasonable number of obese people riding at sportives (I always think good on them, but wouldn’t dream of being patronising enough to comment). I know some ultra slim people that have no fitness at all, and some reasonably big guys whose fitness defies what they look like (not super fast, but regularly ride long distances at a good pace).

stever
    Free Member

Running on the hill at lunchtime and can’t remember having to dodge so many people out walking. Long may it continue. Some high quality banter too. I’m going to break into a few houses tonight and hide some sets of car keys, it’s clearly good for people.

angeldust
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tech-clothing-for-the-larger-lady

How do you think the people contributing to the above discussion (or those associated with them) feel about this thread? I’m sure some couldn’t care less. Others might be put off from exercising, which hardly helps matters. I don’t buy the ‘ridiculing fat people to make it socially unacceptable’ argument. Seems like it is mostly for the benefit of those pouring scorn.

kimbers

Wait a minute how come no one has questioned DrP on his bizarre Xmas practices

DrP – Member 

Makes you think… ?

DrP

Smoothed?

Is that fully epilated and baby oiled?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Slim folk out walking on Boxing day. True story.’ is closed to new replies.