Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Slim cadence sensor
  • eyestwice
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find one that doesn’t foul my chainstays.

Crank is X1 Eagle so it’s hollowed out on the rear. But not enough for a sensor to fit into (well, not Garmin nor the one I just bought off Amazon).

Any recommendations for one that might fit? I tried mounting on the face of the crank but that didn’t last long, obviously.

Bike is a Trek Remedy in case that’s relevant for amount of clearance.

Thanks!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Might be a daft question,but why do you need cadence data on a big ass enduro type bike? It’s not like you’ll be doing marathon type efforts (probably) 🤷🏼‍♂️

eyestwice
    Free Member

Not daft at all! Work do cycle2work but the window is only in July.

I’m fighting to get another window (ie. now) so I can get a gravel hack for winter.

In the meantime I’m stuck with the Remedy. I could go buy a second bike but it hurts that I’d lose the cycle2work discount.

Might end up doing that. But for now I’m just dragging my 2.6″ tyres around fireroads and looking forward to replacing my bearings early.

krixmeister

Go old-school, and get one of the cadence sensors that mount to the chainstay, with a magnet on the crank? Like this?

You can go super posh and get a magnet that fits into the back of the pedal spindle, like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153976207547?hash=item23d9b278bb:g:JY0AAOSw7NNUEBOx

eyestwice
    Free Member

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Reckon that’ll work fine.

And super posh is definitely the way forward.

Have a virtual beer on me, thanks!

100psi
    Free Member

I have the same problem with the garmin sensor fouling the chainstay – how I got around it was to tuck it into my sock on the outside of my ankle. Works a treat and is very easily transfered from bike to bike 😁

belugabob
    Free Member

This^^
    The Garmin sensors come with a clip to mount to your shoe laces, so down your sock is a good, easily transferable, alternative

eyestwice
    Free Member

Thanks all. I haven’t got a clip but it only took a minute to fasten it securely to my laces without one.

Simple and effective.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Slim cadence sensor’ is closed to new replies.