Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Slik Graphics, still trading?
  • rockhopper70

Cant seem to get a response from tweet, email or enquiry form.

It’s only a set of fork stickers so not a big purchase but I’d still expect a response.

legend
    Free Member

Difficult to tell with Slik as communications are/were always massively hit n miss. Website’s still up, so if you’re looking for a variation of something they list then you could try just ordering and out what you need in the comments (has worked for me in the past)

Nonsense
    Free Member

I had a delivery this week so seems ok.

rockhopper70

Nonsense, what was the lead time from ordering to delivery.
    I’m sure they are ok, but it’s a possibly custom colour I’m after so I’d rather be sure we are on the same wavelength before ordering.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I had this a little while ago. I emailed about a colour I wanted and waited a week for a reply. In the end I sent them an order with the closest RAL colour I could find and I received the decals.

plus-one

I gave up after weeks of trying despite being told over phone twice(which took weeks to get call answered) they’d get onto it that day and email me back … Still awaiting contact over year later 😕

Decided to give my custom to someone who wants business .. Gil 8)

legend
    Free Member

If you note the colour in the comments they’ll send a email sample for approval before sending anything out

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Is there an alternative to use? I want some fox decals for my shock and fork in the same share as my bike, I have the pantone code and have emailed several times but never received a response, wanted to make sure as they don’t list X2 decals but they never seem to get back to me.

samcuk87
    Free Member

Give Merge Decals a shout. I used them for my frame decals, great to deal with and very responsive.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve emailed them 3 or 4 times over the last 6 months to try and get some stans decals but never had an answer.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I gave up trying after numerous emails. If they can’t be bothered to reply I cant be bothered to spend my money with them.

sharkattack

Totally fast and painless for me. I asked for some BOS graphics that weren’t on the website and had it in a few days. Half the price of standard replacements so I got two different versions. Better quality than standard as well.

legend
    Free Member

I’ve had both versions of dealing with them unfortunately (or fortunately as I can see both sides?). First encounter I was completely ignored several times. Next time I tried I was getting replies within the day and really quick dispatch. Shame as the product they put out is really good

rockhopper70

Crikey, it sounds very hit and miss.
    I’m a bit reluctant to send £15 to not hear anything…..

al2000

Bought some decals a few weeks ago. Couldn’t see the ones I wanted on the website, so mailed and received a reply within a few hours. The decals arrived a few days after ordering, and the quality is top notch. Excellent service all round.

julzm
    Free Member

I used their contact us section on their website on Thursday and got a reply within a couple of hours. I’ve also ordered custom stuff from them in the past where the colours I wanted weren’t listed (fox forks stuff to match frame colours), they were spot on when they arrived.

rockhopper70

Still nothing.
    I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about their products so would prefer to use them but this response situation isn’t great.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I’ve had great service from Laszlo at NLD .

Takes about 2 weeks from first contact to getting the stickers in the post from the 2 times I have used him.

Responds really well to requests and sends images of designs for you to confirm. Couldn’t rate him more highly.

stevied
    Free Member

I used NLD when Slik failed to respond. Really good quality and super helpful with my custom designs..

RickDraper
    Free Member

Merge decals are great and worth contacting.

craig24
    Free Member

I’ve had very slow response from them in the past. I know there website contact form doesn’t seem to get replies either.

rockhopper70

I persisted with slik, email, Twitter and Facebook.
    Whatever means worked I’m not sure but I got an email saying they received my web query and on 9 March, I sent the payment.
    Email on 18th to say they had been shipped.

muzza80
    Free Member

I ordered a set of Pike decals last week and they came 3 days later.

akira

I used graphic shack for some wheel decsls recently, pretty painless and happy with the results.

dan45a
    Free Member

after multiple emails to slik with no response I used Merge decals. quick to reply, excellent service.

http://www.mergedecals.com/shop/

rockhopper70

*update*
    They arrived yesterday but the custom colour was quite a way off matching.
    Now, I wasn’t sure how to address this as there was no sample supplied and I didn’t specify a RAL colour or something. All I gave was the model and year of bike to match to.
    I emailed them back yesterday, with a photo of the differance, and they contacted me today to say they are going to do print them again for me.
    So far, therefore, all ok, if not a little slow initially.
    The stickers sent though, albeit slightly wrong colour, are lovely.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Seems a strange way to do business.I wonder how many are put off from using them as a result of their poor communication?

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

I emailed them last Friday about some Custom colour Stan’s decals and had a reply in a few minutes

grey

indieprint are good, run by mtbers as well.

slikgraphics
    Free Member

Hi guys, my name’s Owen and I own/run Slik Graphics. I want to answer your criticisms and explain what is actually going on at Slik HQ. Threads like this can be very damaging to a business so I think I should put an end to any crazy rumours. No we have NOT ceased trading, quite the opposite in fact. The issues with response times or lack of response are purely down to the volume of enquiries that we receive. On a typical weekend we receive hundreds of emails and it can take several days or more to clear the backlog. If we are sat at our computers working through emails and a simple enquiry comes in, we will answer it right away. If the same enquiry comes in on a Friday evening at 7pm, it probably won’t get read until the following week. I hope this explains a little bit why response times can be hit and miss.

We always prioritise paid website orders before responding to new enquiries. I think this is the least you should expect as a paying customer. Whilst email response times can be inconsistent, please be reassured that if you place an order on the site, it will receive our full attention. The majority of our web orders are turned around in 48 hours. Most other others, with the exception of neon or custom designs are turned around in less than a week.

It really does keep me awake at night thinking about unread emails and missed enquiries. I apologise to everybody who has sent an enquiry that has gone unanswered. We are a very dedicated but small team (we also ride bikes if we get a chance) and we all have to multi task. As our sales have grown we have increased staff numbers but it’s hard to stay ahead of the curve. At this point in time, even if we responded to every enquiry it wouldn’t generate enough revenue to cover an additional staff member. It’s the chicken and egg scenario that I’m sure most growing businesses go through.

I set up Slik in 2007 and almost 9 years later we are still going strong. Thank you to everybody who has purchased from us and helped us to where we are today. We have many repeat customers. I think this is proof that we turn out a very good product. Admittedly we just need to back it up with more consistent service and this is definitely something we are focusing on for the future.

A quick word on colour matching. We take pride in being as accurate as possible with colour matching. We have Pantone, RAL, and many other swatches and we speak to manufacturers for colour references. Occasionally we are asked to match colours from a photographs or website images which is extremely difficult to do. We can usually get close but if you aren’t happy with the colour we will adjust and reprint the stickers free of charge. This is the service the original poster received. 2 sets of stickers, custom colours, shipped to the UK twice free of charge for a total of £15. Fortunately we get it right the majority of the time 😉

I’ll try to keep an eye on this thread but if you need to contact us about an order or a specific enquiry please email us directly. I promise we will try our best to get back to you in a timely manner.

alextemper
    Free Member

Advice for people wanting to purchase custom decals from Slik. Use the custom credits to make your purchase to the value or your order and put your specification in the fields provided. You’ll get a far quicker response to your order as its a paid order at this point. Ther is a simple explanation as to the pricing structure of custom items so you will how many custom credits to purchase.

slikgraphics
    Free Member

Although it’s not ideal situation, alex is correct. When an order is placed on the site an order sheet is physically printed out and dealt with individually by an actual person. Every payment we receive generates and order number and an order form, so It’s not possible for us to miss an order.

I fully understand that you might not want to send payment for something you haven’t seen, and it’s not really the way we like to do things, but with all custom orders you can request a design proof that will be sent to you before production. We have a huge catalogue of designs on file so the chances are we can help you out. If we don’t have the artwork on file we will either source it, create it or immediately provide a full refund if we can’t carry out the job.

Most fork decal kits are around £15 for something Pike sized. Rim graphics range from £15 to £25 depending on size. Hope rim decals are medium sized and cost £20 a set for example. If you pay too much we will refund the difference. We will work with you to achieve the best result for your bike and your wallet.

Thanks,
    Owen

gemini29
    Free Member

After reading this whole thread, Mergedecal or NLD are at least worth a try.
    Thanks everyone !

tonyg2003

After reading this thread I’d consider not using emails at all for your business – custom enquires since you obviously can’t cope with the level of enquires. Or at the very least send a auto reply that states that customers should order through the website.

Alternatively do the maths and look at how much business you are missing out on and employ someone to answer the emails.

bruneep

Contact us to discuss your custom requirements before placing an order.

You seem to be failing on that part

creamegg
    Free Member

After failing to get a response from Slik Graphics several times over the years, I’ll give Merge Decals a shout

nwill1
    Free Member

I’ve always had great service and good communications. Think it’s great they’ve come on here to explain the situation an TBH it must be really tough, all the LBS owners moan about time waster…I imagine these companies get their fair share of that too.

As they stated they ensure look after ‘paying’ customers first and foremost and given the circumstances I think that’s the correct move!

schmiken

To counteract some of the bad vibes – my custom order for purple fork decals was super quick and looked awesome!

slikgraphics
    Free Member

After reading this thread I’d consider not using emails at all for your business – custom enquires since you obviously can’t cope with the level of enquires. Or at the very least send a auto reply that states that customers should order through the website.

Alternatively do the maths and look at how much business you are missing out on and employ someone to answer the emails.

We will look at setting up an auto response as you have suggested, but I do feel like this would be a short term solution to the issue.

I have crunched the numbers and it’s a difficult thing to judge. Not every email generates an order. It takes only a minute to ask a question but it can take 10 minutes to write a satisfactory response.

It’s not that easy to just employ someone. Aside from all the managerial tasks and administration, the amount of knowledge one needs to respond to the email enquiries we receive is huge. You have to know the manufacturing process, how to match colours, our product range both online and offline, have a general idea bout bike parts and locations, and be familiar with mountain bike ‘lingo’ and product names (try asking a normal person on the street what a Pike is). It actually takes years to learn this stuff and become efficient at it.

After failing to get a response from Slik Graphics several times over the years, I’ll give Merge Decals a shout

I apologise for the lack of response to your enquiries. Hopefully Merge will be able to help you out. If you don’t have any luck, please do try us again.

tonyg2003

It’s not that easy to just employ someone. Aside from all the managerial tasks and administration, the amount of knowledge one needs to respond to the email enquiries we receive is huge. You have to know the manufacturing process, how to match colours, our product range both online and offline, have a general idea bout bike parts and locations, and be familiar with mountain bike ‘lingo’ and product names (try asking a normal person on the street what a Pike is). It actually takes years to learn this stuff and become efficient at it.

Actually it is fairly easy to employ someone (in run a SME) but I agree it’s harder to manage someone. However I think that you are overthinking this. I’m fairly sure you could train someone in a fairly short time. You know should know your numbers – I take it you have made an analysis of the lost business / business reputation loss, before deciding not to employ someone?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Slik Graphics, still trading?’ is closed to new replies.