Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Slightly bigger than minimalist cooksets for 2 people?
  • phil5556

We’ve just been given an early Christmas present of a nice neat GSI Dualist cook set – cooking pot, 2 bowls, 2 cups and gas and burner fit inside it.

It’s maybe just too big – can anyone recommend anything similar that might be just a bit more compact without going too minimalist – eg I want use to not have to share one pot to eat from and want cups. It does fit in my fork bag which was the goal so it’s not excessively big.

This is the one we’ve got https://gsioutdoors.com/pinnacle-dualist-hs.html

And I’ve just ordered the Microdualist to try which is 1.4l pot instead of 1.8l

kormoran
    Free Member

Our non minimalist cook set is a pair of nesting trangia 25 pots(1.5l and 1.75l), a trangia 27 frypan, pot gripper, pair of mugs at 45g each and tesco plastic picnic spoons and a swiss army waiter’s knife. We get to eat from our own pot and can cook most meals and have nice mug with a stable base and a proper handle. The trangia stuff is pretty cheap/light, with various non stick options. Everything bar the mugs goes in the two nested pans (including the stove/lighter/windshield/oil) Mugs get stuffed with our wash towels and dropped in the top of the pack

I’m sure I could spend a bit of cash and get lighter stuff, but meh

spooky_b329

You could look at the Stanley pots, I like them as they are stainless so can be attacked with a scourer after inevitably burning your dinner to it.

I have the 24oz kettle pot with cups (they seem pretty good) and recently got the 1L pan with two bowls. Bowls smaller than expected and thinner than the cups. Both have lids with strainers and locking handles, however the 24oz is a bit small and narrow to cook anything except perhaps noodles (and water of course).

I take one or the other depending on space, but they do some bigger kits to too

dyna-ti

Cook set ?. I thought everybody lived on dry cornflakes and brandy when camping deep in the wilds.

phil5556

Cook set ?. I thought everybody lived on dry cornflakes and brandy when camping deep in the wilds.

Can I take Whisky instead?

phil5556

@kormoran we have a Trangia (actually have 2, the small and large one) and think they are great if you’ve got the space. One must be about 30years old and still going strong. Going for something a bit smaller / lighter this time though.

@spooky
    the Stanley pots look nice 👍

But… Found the smaller version of the GSI on Amazon and it is considerably smaller (Although it doesn’t look it in you this pic) and think it will be ideal for 2 people and still small enough for one. It’s 1.4 litres instead of 1.8 – I think we got mixed up when looking & measuring.

The small one fits a 100g canister and burner in, or will just fit a 230g one in if you take out one pair of bowl & cup.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.