• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Del.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sliding/Adjustable dropouts
  • eduardorocha

I’m very late to the party… but just realized the potential of adjustable dropouts for my kind of hardtail riding.
    Specially the 29/29 for xc/endurance alternating with 29/27 for enduro/DH.
    Less interested in single speeding…
    Are the options SC Chameleon and Salsa Timberjack?
    What are my best options to buy one of the above frames in the UK?

Thanks in advance

reeksy

Pretty sure there are a lot more options than that. Kona Honzo springs to mind for example.

donslow

Identiti AKA owner here, same slidey dropouts, such a fun frame

seadog101

Pace, if steel is your thing.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Pipedream is another.

You don’t really need to adjust the rear end length just to run the smaller wheel in the back. If you found a frame you like without sliding dropouts, don’t let that put you off changing the wheel to get a more aggressive geometry. You’ll still get the slacker HA and lower BB which are the main geo changes you’ll be chasing with the mullet.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ChrisDW +1

You don’t want shorter chainstay for DH/Enduro, if anything you want them longer (as long as the front half is also long).

If I were you I’d just get something allroundy like a Scandal. Light enough that it won’t hold you back riding all day, gnarr enough that it feels balanced downhill (without being a raked out one trick pony).

eduardorocha

Thank you for the suggestions.
    Vandal owner here so… I’ll be trying my son’s 27.5 back wheel asap! and getting a bashguard/shorter cranks too 😉
    Hopefully the answer was sitting in my shed all along.
    Thanks

Del

Fwiw I run my chameleon with the ‘lower’ 29er dropouts and 175 cranks and don’t find I bash them any more when I have a 27.5 in the back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.