Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Slicks on a full sus :D
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

As my commuter is down I’ve put the Super Motos on my Slash for a few weeks. Now it’s dry, it’s like a tarmac rally car. So much fun!

Anyone else been enjoying a similar bicycle impreza?

HansRey

had a cotic bfe on slicks for a couple of months. Ended up breaking the rear wheel, i should’ve been more gentle 🙂 I think the tyres were Bontrager Road Warriors

I_Ache
    Free Member

There was a thread on MTBR where some bloke had a Corsair and had two wheel builds one with Maxxis Hookworms purely for street riding. Looked mean.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Ah I know what you mean hans, new havoc wheels on mine and the force you can generate cornering seems to have loosened up em already.

Knee down on a pushbike? That’s what I’m wondering. Might have a go on those alpine roads.

HansRey

there was a guy at uni, when i was there, who had a Big Hit and hookworms. He always wore sandals, so i guess he wasn’t going big.

Still, i’d like some hookworms (or similar). What is there?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got Maxxis hollyrolers (2.4) and DMR MotoR (2.1 ish?) for the Pitch as rear tyres, experimented as a front for a short road ride, agreed, it’s utterly bonkers throwing it into switchbacked corners and riding over peoples garden walls!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I’ve been running the schwalbe super motos for 4-5 years on hardtails hans

Very fast rolling, gonna try and get the tubeless ready version going.
    You can off road on dry stuff easily, off camber is challenging though.
    Might try with a small block 8 upfront one day.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Ha, just realised this spanish guy made that frame……he calls it an ‘assless’ bike. Must have had kids already.

HansRey

ooOOoo, that is a nice looking bike! Who made it?

On gravel and stuff when dry, slicks are OK. Just i’d like something with a higher volume, for a bit more cushioning.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i did the london to brighton on my FS last year. it seemed like a good idea beforehand but unsurprisingly turned out not to be. and not just aesthetically, either. 😆

Road Ready by theflatboy, on Flickr

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Christ has that even got tyres on it?! 🙂
    Hans the page is here
    http://pedaleiro.com.br/2008/09/30/dificuldades-e-alegrias/
    super motos are 2.3s, nice and comfy

theflatboy
    Free Member

thinking back, it was very fast and fun in a way, specially with the seat down – good fun leaping around and off things but with super grippy, cushioned landings. for 60 road miles it wasn’t so good. 🙂

campfreddie
    Free Member

oooh… can i play.

here is my ‘commuter’ effort from a few years back

wasn’t great up hills for some reason… lol

ooOOoo
    Free Member

That’s more like it!
    If we had billiard smooth german tarmac I might consider a road bike…until then it’s big tyres for me.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve just put a pair of Conti Sport Contacts on my LTHT – now when I’m commuting I feel like I could give Bradley Wiggins a run for his yellow jersey! So much fun.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Slicks on a full sus :D’ is closed to new replies.