Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Slickoleum equivalent?
  • rhayter

So I think I’m ready to do my own fork lower service. Many of the US-based tutorials recommend Slickoleum as THE grease to use on reassembly, butI can only find it at frankly silly prices. Any recommendations for an equivalent that I can source in the UK for reasonable money?

ta11pau1

tftuned and jtech both have RSP Slick kick as their alternative.

rhayter

So I’m guessing that’s OK on all brands of fork?

ta11pau1

Yeah – sram butter/slickoleum/slick honey/slick kick is all basically the same stuff.

tjagain

IIRC ( but check) red rubber grease which is easy to find is acceptable as well.

Edit – but I never use any – just lots of fork oil on the parts

SirHC

Been using RSP grease on forks for years, no issues.

andybrad

red rubber grease is not the same.

Northwind

Yeah, red rubber grease is rubber safe but it’s way stickier than slickoleum/etc

ogden
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I use R&R Super Slick which seems to do the job.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use superlube but mainly because I have a tube left over from the grease gun for turner bushes.

spesh
    Free Member

Onzadog, have you ever had any issues using SuperLube? I have a tube and, despite having just forked out (excuse the pun!) £9 for 1oz of SRAM butter, I’d be interested if it’s a suitable alternative to the vastly over-priced suspension greases on the market?

mrdestructo

I have to service my fork shortly and 500g of that Slickkick is 46 euros where I am…….

Slick Honey and Sram Butter is even more expensive. I have a tiny cap of Slick Honey, enough to do my fork once.

bigyan
    Free Member

I just buy 500ml tubs of Sram Butter

crumpsbutts
    Free Member

I bought the 455ml tub of slick honey for £40 but I only get through about 1% a year so it’s going to outlive me. I’ve been meaning to list some at cost price as was my original intention to make it a bit more cost effective.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Slickoleum equivalent?’ is closed to new replies.