Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Sliced bread etiquette
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

Yes we get it gauss 1777 you’re very good at cutting bread, and can easily and perfectly cut any bread with any bread knife, and anyone that can’t is pathetic.

Apologies if I got the tone wrong, I did not intend to offend anyone.

reeksy

@grum I’ve been using one of those for the past ten years.
    My outlaws bought it for us. They didn’t factor in that they are left or right handed and got us a left-handed one. Great for me, useless for my wife. It’s really good. The only drawbacks are struggling areally bit with super tough bread and cutting the very last part of the slice.

sirromj

Can’t you just use a hack saw and swivel the blade 90 degrees to which ever side you require!?

prettygreenparrot

This knife has cut all kinds of bread for us over >20 years. https://globalknives.uk/gu-03-bread-knife-22-cm

grum
    Free Member

Cheers @reeksy – the last bit of crust is always the tricky part! The curved blades like on the Opinel bread knife does help with that, but my missus’ main problem seems to be cutting straight slices and I think the fiddle style one might help with that.

Apologies if I got the tone wrong, I did not intend to offend anyone.

No worries. Hard to judge tone online, apologies if I misjudged you as being snarky!

frankconway

So..we have grum’s bread saw and artisinal spelt or sourdough bread.
    Next – hand churned butter from
    lovingly tended cows grazed on the farmland around the manor house.
    Toasting fork, hand wrought to your design by local blacksmith; well seasoned cedar logs burning in the open fire.
    Slice bread, have man servant affix to toasting fork and allow 45 seconds per side at distance of 12″ from flames; generous application of butter and…enjoy!

grum
    Free Member

I do have some raw cultured butter in my fridge actually (to go on my organic heritage wheat sourdough).

https://fenfarmdairy.co.uk/raw-butter/

Have to work on the rest of it though.

dyna-ti

They didn’t factor in that they are left or right handed and got us a left-handed one.

If its screwed in can you not just unscrew it and flip it over ?
    Left,becomes right.

reeksy

Absolutely, I could, but I’m left handed.

tthew

I do have some raw cultured butter in my fridge…

Butter in the fridge?! 😱 For the love of dog, how do you spread it?

chewkw
    Free Member

Do you start with the crusty end first, or leave the crsuty end in the bag as a sacrificial anode to stop the next slice drying out?

Eat everything starting with crusty end then keep the rest in the fridge.

theotherjonv

Bread in the fridge?

Proof absolutely that Chewkw is a troll.

As to the bread and butter discussion. Whether artisan sourdough, or white sliced. Hand churned un pasteurised or utterly butterly, it matters not a jot, since Nigella.

Butter, then a bit more butter, and then a grind of salt from our salt grinder and your toast and butter is elevated beyond.

Of course my BP is 200/120, but it tastes so good!

CountZero

I open the bag, start at that end and work through until I get to the other end. Like any sensible person would do.

grum
    Free Member

Butter in the fridge?! 😱 For the love of dog, how do you spread it?

I haven’t started it yet.

burko73

Tiger bread? no thanks. What actually is it? I just don’t get it. Supermarket bread with sesame oil or something?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Sliced bread etiquette’ is closed to new replies.