• This topic has 149 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by will.
Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Sleepless in the Saddle 2011
  • naffrider, going by your lap times, it looks like you took it easy on the last lap.
    I take it you have a support crew watching the live results and they told you you couldn’t gain a place by doing an extra lap or lose a place by lurking, so you took the easy option ?

naffrider
    Free Member

🙂

My left knee (weird as it’s usually my right) had had it by the end, managed to work out 4th couldn’t catch me and I had no chance of catching 2nd, got my dad to confirm though, just to be sure, and had a little sit down for 20min, that was nice.

Top ride done by yourself too, well done.

Thanks, I hope I didn’t get in the way as you lapped me 7 times. 😳

gee
    Free Member

Haha – yeah Dave I stopped for a cake in the woods. Got the picnic blanket out and everything.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

😀

donkeysrock
    Free Member

it was a good weekend despite crashing on the triple arrow down hill bit in the middle of the rain storm,torn shoulder and cracked thumb opposite sides lol helmet saved me as i landed right on the top of my head 🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Boo did you have to withdraw Donkeysrock, I came around the corner in the singletrack somewhere and some bloke sparko ont he floor! He looked at a raelly odd angle, someone with him so I carried on to get mrashall who already knew. Hope he’s okay!

There’s lots of flashy lycra and males with shaven legs at this event I noticed this year!

Vortexracing

Anybody else feel sorry for the lady Marshall at the top of the 2nd climb, just after the left hand uphill hairpin bend.

I made a point of saying hello, as she looked pretty fed up sat at the top of that hill on her own.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

yup I saw her and thought how boring, I’m sure in the past they’ve used like kiddie army cadets and set them up in pairs. All the marshalls I saw looked mind numbingly bored!

shinsplints

She did look really bored yes. I said hello to her every time I rounded the corner. She was doing a crossword so I shouted “4 down, 5 letters, BORED” which raised a smile. Did they really need someone on that part ? !

Shackleton

Some pics taken by the other half. Should be in numerical order, just hover over the image to see the file name. Some racers have more than one photo and the second photo has a 2 after the race number (e.g. 2092 is the second photo of #209).

SITS 2011

If anybody wants the full size files then email me (in profile).

Cheers,

P

mboy
    Free Member

Rider 695 in need of a bit of “support” here…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robcrayton/6022523033/in/set-72157627262093753/

😯

EDIT: 3 shots of her in quick succession, get a little distracted did we Rob? 😉

donkeysrock
    Free Member

yes miss chick i had to withdraw and it was my first lap lol

mchlptchr
    Free Member

The rain/hail came just as i started my 3rd lap on semi-slicks. Didn’t take long to realise i was going to struggle. Came off on the triple arrow bit but mangaged to land on some nice soft nettles! Ego wasn’t too dented as the riders before and after me also fell off.

Track soon dried out though and we had a great weekend!

15th out of 41 in the Mens Pairs.

njee20
    Free Member

The first biblical downpour started just as I handed over to my team mate, he went out and did a double on Furious Freds, despite being offered some other wheels after a lap! Rather him than me for sure!

Haha – yeah Dave I stopped for a cake in the woods. Got the picnic blanket out and everything.

Next year let’s do that!

will
    Free Member

I couldn’t beleive how quickly the course changed. No 1 lap was the same after the rain 😆

Njee – you doing D2D?

Clover

For my first ever mtb race I got to run out, carry my bike through mud for what seemed like hours, my first night ride, slightly slithery dawn and then back to sunshine and speed… exactly – no one lap was like any other.

Everyone v nice too… especially the mud warriors, manchester mtbers and the bloke who said well done as I passed him on the last lap and made it up the last steep slope, that was big and kind. Cheers!

njee20
    Free Member

Njee – you doing D2D?

Not planning to, no. Although I’ve not done it for a couple of years and it’s always good fun.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

I also got a ‘well done’ as i passed a bloke on the last lap. Was too tired at the time to express any gratitude other than a grunt, but it was indeed a nice gesture. Thank you Well Done Bloke!

We will have the results up here too shortly with searchable bits and fancy calculations so you can work out who was the average slowest and stuff like that

How’s this coming on ?

BadlyWiredDog

Hey Graham, sorry I didn’t make it down. Something came up last moment. Sounds like you had a good race.

will
    Free Member

Oooo really like these searchable results! Some great stats!

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, very cool! How’s the overall result counted though – is it an equal weighting for speed and distance? Who’s number one?

Blazin-saddles a 1:20 lap time – did you stop for cake in the woods?! 😉

Tom
    Free Member

How’s the overall result counted though – is it an equal weighting for speed and distance?

Yes, it’s derived by ranking the sum of the distance and speed ranks. You may place whatever significance you like on this value. By this method the top ten ranked are: John Prentice, Euan Adams, Dan Booth, John Darroch, Giles Drake, Ian Taylor, Stuart Prentice, Andrew Taylor, Mark Olsen, and Gabor Dorohazi.

We’ll get some team stats up at some point soon, probably tomorrow. Meanwhile, here’s some other random stats of note:
    Fastest average speeds: Giles Drake, Ian Taylor, Paul Bethell
    Fastest laps: Dave Collins, Giles Drake, Dan Booth
    Fastest slowest laps: Gabor Dorohazi, George Budd, Giles Drake
    Most laps: Mike Hall, Pete Crawforth, Nathan Judge

will
    Free Member

Interesting that the fastest lap was 33 mins, yet riders average was 46mins over 5 laps.

Well i’m happy with my stats 🙂

crazy-legs

Will – video will be uploaded first thing tomorrow morning, I’ll email you the link and post it on here.

will
    Free Member

Brilliant! Thanks mate really look forward to it seeing it!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Stats ace I was in a mixed team but only 4 of us, I was 2nd quickest over 6 laps result…I beat 2 nous not going to complain!!!!!

crazy-legs

Sorry for the delay, video online now HERE

will
    Free Member

Great video Crazy Legs :)For me it really sums up the whole event!

Although You didn’t get me at the end… I came in with 8 Seconds to go 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Sleepless in the Saddle 2011’ is closed to new replies.