• This topic has 149 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • Sleepless in the Saddle 2011
  • joolzed
    Free Member

Photos now uploaded: SITS Photos

njee20
    Free Member

Just managed to get those elbows out in time, that was lucky 🙂

will
    Free Member

Really really enjoyed it this year. Prefered the shorter course as it meant you could litterly attack at full pelt.

Best moment for me though was my team mate coming in at 23:20 and knowing that I had to do a sub 40 lap. Anyway I got in with 8 seconds to go before the horn went! 9 laps in total, 34 for the team. If it wasn’t for 2 mechanicals rendering 1 bike completly unridable we’d have probably done a little better.

Njee20 – Where did you come?

Joolze – Photos look great! I’ll be popping an order in 🙂

Are the offical results up yet? I’ve had a look but couldn’t find them…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Some of us still hadn’t finished by then.
    19 laps.
    238km in 24:50 with 19:24 moving time
    17th solo male.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/104755121
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/104756012

My favourite course of the three 24s I’ve done this year.

Well done. That’s a cracking result.

It was my first solo. I managed a comfortable 14 laps. No sleep but I did take some leisurely meal breaks and indulged in a slow-motion last lap and a spot of lurking. I was surprised how enjoyable it was.

njee20
    Free Member

Njee20 – Where did you come?

2nd, in Mixed teams, and overall. Chuffed really, the Elite guys were plain quicker than us, I had a great time, most enjoyable 24 for a long time!

Mark

We are just awaiting the official results. As soon as we have them they will be up for you 🙂

crazy-legs

Best moment for me though was my team mate coming in at 23:20 and knowing that I had to do a sub 40 lap. Anyway I got in with 8 seconds to go before the horn went!

Ah, that was you was it?! Got that changeover on video, nice work.
    I really enjoyed the weekend, it was a great event.

Except the food again – please can we have someone other than Quavers, they’re shit! Utter incomprehension when it came to using the coffee machine, crap service, mediocre food. PLEASE Pat, bring back Wilf’s, have a proper coffee wagon there, anyone other than that lot again.

Vortexracing

Utter incomprehension when it came to using the coffee machine, crap service, mediocre food

and no bloody Chips !!!!!!

(sorry, French Fries for you southerners)

njee20
    Free Member

Does anyone say French Fries in the UK!? They’re crisps made by Walkers shirley?

Quavers are very very slow, which is my number one problem, the food is alright, but no better! The burger I had at the end was fairly good!

Anyway I got in with 8 seconds to go before the horn went!

That was good form, well done! Had to go around all the lurkers too on the final corner, how did your team mate feel!?

alanbill99

2nd, in Mixed teams, and overall

njee – what kind of lap times were you guys at the top end doing? 40ish
    was good for us (first two being 38), so guess you were consistently sub40?

Seriously well done btw !

robcrayton
    Free Member
    richpips
    Free Member

My reports and piccies can be found here

njee20
    Free Member

what kind of lap times were you guys at the top end doing? 40ish

About this: 😉

George Budd 1 00:38:40
    George Budd 2 00:34:38
    Phil Lenney 3 00:37:29
    Phil Lenney 4 00:38:06
    Nick Evans 5 00:38:23
    Nick Evans 6 00:39:40
    Phil Buick 7 00:39:28
    Phil Buick 8 00:47:00
    Anna Buick 9 00:49:42
    George Budd 10 00:38:43
    George Budd 11 00:39:53
    Phil Lenney 12 00:41:46
    Phil Lenney 13 00:50:39
    Nick Evans 14 00:44:18
    Nick Evans 15 00:43:49
    Phil Buick 16 00:44:24
    Phil Buick 17 00:44:34
    Anna Buick 18 00:47:31
    George Budd 19 00:39:33
    George Budd 20 00:40:12
    Phil Lenney 21 00:43:50
    Phil Lenney 22 00:43:17
    Nick Evans 23 00:41:44
    Nick Evans 24 00:42:09
    Phil Buick 25 00:44:14
    Phil Buick 26 00:44:52
    Anna Buick 27 00:45:01
    George Budd 28 00:36:25
    George Budd 29 00:37:02
    Phil Lenney 30 00:39:11
    Phil Lenney 31 00:40:01
    Nick Evans 32 00:38:35
    Phil Buick 33 00:40:58
    Anna Buick 34 00:47:01
    Anna Buick 35 00:43:28

So, 38-45 on the whole, a 50 with a puncture in the night, and a couple of 47s!

Edit: Giles Drake did a 33:59 for his last lap. Cap… dothed.

chipps

Results up now: Sleepless website

Mark

We will have the results up here too shortly with searchable bits and fancy calculations so you can work out who was the average slowest and stuff like that 😉

will
    Free Member

Njee – Great result! Bet your happy with that. A 34 min lap is great! My best was a 37min. I was determined to get around my last lap in time. Funny thing is we only just worked out it could be possible! So my teammate who was after me had already had a shower/got changed etc… he wasn’t “that” annoyed I don’t think 😆

As I came through the bombholes near the finsih I could see all the lurkers! I was very worried that I wouldn’t be able to get through, however shouting seemed to work!

Crazy-legs – I’d love to see that video if possible? Was made even more difficult because I had to give him my bike as well as his was broken! Could you email it? Youtube if easier? Thanks!

chipps

And suspiciously Joolze didn’t get any photos of me or Mark. We did race, honest! 🙂

So… who clotheslined those two narrow trees in the singletrack? There were a lot of chunks out of the bark at about handlebar height?

njee20
    Free Member

Sadly the 34 minute lap belongs to Gee, best I could muster was three 38s, so you were quicker!

The support was great at the end, we were shouting for you to get in 🙂

joolzed
    Free Member

No I did get at least one of Mark though admittedly he was riding away from me!!!
    Mark

and you may very well be in this one or one like it…
    Chipps

Honest;0)

Vortexracing

So… who clotheslined those two narrow trees in the singletrack? There were a lot of chunks out of the bark at about handlebar height?

Didn’t go over the bars, but did wallop a few trees especially those two narrow ones. Not sure 730mm bars are the way fwd on tight woody singletrack. 🙄

will
    Free Member

Ah I see! i’m not sure I could have gone 3 minutes faster, such a good effort!

I couldn’t beleive it, as I came through near the finsh people were really shouting! I wasn’t sure if it was for me to get in, in time. But it certainly helped!!

njee20
    Free Member

I think everyone walloped a few trees, I certainly did, can imagine it was very ‘interesting’ on 730mm bars!

Trimix
    Free Member

I raced round with 810mm bars – some of those gaps were “interestingly tight” especially at night with slippery roots.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Top half! Woo-hoo!

stodge
    Free Member

Will, a photo of you raggin through with a few sec to go
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hx6LqS5YYA4J-yhctc3StA?feat=directlink

will
    Free Member

😆 Brilliant! I look dead!

crazy-legs

Crazy-legs – I’d love to see that video if possible? Was made even more difficult because I had to give him my bike as well as his was broken! Could you email it? Youtube if easier? Thanks!

Will, there’s about 3.5hrs of footage which needs paring down to make a proper 3-4min video. I’ll post a link on here when it’s been edited and is actually “proper”. It’s not me editing it BTW, I just shot it! Should be up within a day or so…

will
    Free Member

Sounds great, look forward to it! Thanks.

njee20
    Free Member

Were you in the ‘dog leg’ through the horse obstacle thingy before you turned right, back into the arena at halfway? Someone was filming there when I rode past once.

crazy-legs

I was in various places at various times! Black Singletrack T-shirt (or a black Endura jacket on Saturday). Was so busy looking through a tiny video screen that I didn’t have chance to recognise people!

njee20
    Free Member

Dunno, was going too quickly 🙂

jackberesford
    Free Member

Anyone know where to find any other photos? Saw several people taking photos throughout the weekend (joolzed, had a look through yours but there aren’t any of me – some excellent shots though)

Plovair

Handlebar scrapes, helmet took a heavy blow once! 😯

robcrayton
    Free Member

The official photos are here 🙂

1800 rider pictures here

Vortexracing

linky not working Rob

robcrayton
    Free Member

thanks not sure what happened there but its up now 🙂

Vortexracing

Ta

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

34mins for GB? did he stop for a tea break? 😉

naffrider
    Free Member

I played ‘human pinball’ in the narrow sections on the majority of my 26laps.

My shoulders look very red today.

topangarider
    Free Member

Reckon I must break the lens’ – that’s 2 years on the trot Joolz seems have not shot me!

Scouring Robs pics now!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Sleepless in the Saddle 2011’ is closed to new replies.