Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • sleepingbagtrackworld
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys,

Looking for a lightweight and small sleeping bag for around £50.

In my job I do a lot of flying on cargo aircraft, C130, C17 and soon A400M. Some trips i do are only 2 or 3 days so I like to pack light and small with a medium rucksack only. I am pairing down all my kit to facilitate this. Other things I have are a lightweight microfiber towel, inflatable therarest rollmat and a Titanium spork among other things.

I need a sleeping bag that packs down small and is fairly light but limited to aprox 50 quid. The North Face Lynx sleeping bag is ideal for me but 115 quid is a bit steep.

So recomend me some good light small sleeping bags!

ElShalimo

what temperature range? how tall are you?
    Many lightweight bags are for up to 6ft, some brands offer XL or long versions but it does add a little weight.
    Realistically, lightweight bags with a small pack size and low(ish) temperature rating you’ll need a decent quality down bag which certainly don’t come cheap.

Mountain Hardwear Lamina bags are probably ideal for what you need but you’ll have to be patient and wait for a sale

binners

You want to look at Decathalon lightweight sleeping bags

Right on your price range. They’ve got a range of weights for different temperatures. I’ve been using one for bivvying. They pack down really small. I’ve got the 5 degree one and was actually too warm using it at the back end of September

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crush83
    Free Member

I’m 183cm / 6ft, season rating isn’t too important but prob a 2 or 3 season.

luke
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these: Clickyfor the last couple of months spent about 12 nights or so in it.
    It feels really thin but is still fairly warm.
    Packs really small and comes in a rolltop bag that can be compressed to remove air.

AlanMc100
    Free Member

One of these would probably fit the bill :

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/sleeping-bags-backpacking/snugpak/snugpak-softie-micro-chrysalis-sleeping-bag-2011-pd-1818.php

I use one of the Vango Venom ultralite down bags which is excellent (it only weighs 750g and it packs down to the size of a pint glass) – BUT you will probably struggle to get one of those for less than £70.

Cheers

Alan

parkesie
    Free Member

Snug pack do several 2 or 3 season bags that fit the bill. Ive got the jungle bag and a softie 4 the jungle bag is very small but really only for warm weather.

crush83
    Free Member

Had a look at all the suggestions

http://www.snugpak.com/outdoor/sleeping-bags/travelpak-2

Like this snugpak one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘sleepingbagtrackworld’ is closed to new replies.