Sleeping at work… do you..?

Home Forum Chat Forum Sleeping at work… do you..?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Sleeping at work… do you..?
  • Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

I just did. First time ever in the designated ‘sleep room’.

I now feel bad from both the grogginess that accompanies a 20 min power nap, and also for basically slacking off on work time (hi singletrack forum).  I snuck out rather sheepishly

I however may do it again tomorrow, depends on if i get on the beers tonight or have another heavy lunch.  I mean there is a sleep room for a reason right?

rene59

I often take a nap in my car some time after lunch. Don’t feel guilty about it at all.

sbob

I live at work, so yes.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Micronaps at my desk all the time! Really funny the little dreams you can have in a few seconds.

Never a proper sleep though. I had a tour of the Google offices and they have these pods you can go in, that play you ambient music and mood lighting… niiiicezzzzzzzzzzz.

Can’t do the short sleep think. I feel completely disorientated and need to reset my clock by watching something associated with time. Like the news or something.

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

I have a siesta almost every day after lunch. My dad used to and my grandfather before him. Just seems natural thing to do.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

I’m comatose most of the time, what’s the difference 🤣

Hob Nob

Yep – have been known to. Do the approach of a coffee & a 20 minute post lunch snooze.

I got into the habit of it when I smashed myself up falling off my bike & I was getting terrible sleep at night because I was in pain/uncomfortable, so I found it was the only way to get me through the day.

Stuck with it & i’m a fan – don’t get that horrible graveyard shift feel from about 2-4pm now 🙂

IHN

Constantly, but with my eyes open

oikeith

Ill pop out to my car to have a nap across the back seats when feeling tired. Cant say I’ve felt any worse for it when coming back in.

andrewh

Micronaps at my desk all the time! Really funny the little dreams you can have in a few seconds.

Sounds very familiar.

My first day at old work a very hungover colleague spent her lunch break sleeping on the floor under her desk. I was much more civilised, was working the day after Relentless, booked the meeting room for lunchtime and just went in there with a pillow

redmex

I reckon i can go into a trance with the radio on, comfortably warm and even better with the sound of rain then the slightest click and im wide awake again. Its not so good at the cinema neck bouncing up and down so my partner tells me

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

I fell asleep in the back cabin of the narrowboat I was building once after a cheeky lie down.

Awoke to my boss looking at me disapprovingly 😂

Constantly, but with my eyes open

Me too, I find glasses like this help.

scruff9252

Second sleeps are the best sleeps & keenly looked forward to on a sailing holiday.

Now I work from home most days I may re-introduce them into my day to day life. New sofa is arriving this evening so a Friday lunch time siesta may be on the cards!

On work days that involve a lot of driving I’ll usually plan for a sleep stop. I lie across the seats of the van but can be a bit prone to cramp so end up slicking my legs out the window.

Had a sleep while parked on a meter in Glasgow once. Set a reminder to wake me up before the ticket expired. But the sleep was so gorgeous I ended up just feeding the meter every 20 mins and having another snooze. It got quite expensive

When I used to do nights, yes, every night I’d sleep through my ‘lunch’ break for 0330 to 0400.

Weirdly, some times you woke up feeling refreshed, but other times (the majority I’d say) I’d wake up feeling worse, cod and hungry too. Thank F I don’t have to do nights any more.

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer
    Subscriber

Fat chance.  I have the loudest project manager known to man sat behind me 🙁

When the office aircon thermostat is turned up to 26degC with a +/-4degC  tolerance before it starts cooling rather than heating, nodding off is inevitable.

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

I have a small scar on my forehead from falling asleep at my desk while ‘working’ and promptly headbutting the coffee cup on the desk.

That is the first and last time i have fallen asleep at work.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

I some times nod off reading through tedious design or install & config documentation. Used to work with someone who’d disappear for an hour or so mid-morning, he would go to the server room for a nap.

Premier Icon fingerbang
    Subscriber

Go and watch the Seinfeld episode where George is so used to sleeping at his desk that he gets it customized with a bed underneath. Arrives at work then gets in his bed, sets the alarm etc. Lolz

ton

I have a resting place round the back in the warehouse. used once every now and then.

globalti

My late Irish buddy who was a solicitor used to lie down on the floor for a nap at lunch time, the story was that they got a new secretary and she thought he was dead. But you’d believe any story about him because he was so funny.

I sometimes nip out in the car and park in a quiet corner of a nearby car park for a 10 minute nap, it’s very nice. Weekends at home I nap after lunch.

In the bad old days of British manufacturing there were legends about entire shifts at British Leyland being found asleep at night.

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

no never sleep at work, I do have a rest station though

Land of the siesta here, but I’ve never got into it really – even though I’ve got a 2-3h lunch ‘hour’, prefer to get some shopping done or go for a ride, but I do keep a thermorest at work for the odd occasion.  Weekends, definitely.

philjunior

Only in long meetings. Oh and when I manage to make the lunchtime yoga I quite often get pretty lucid waking dreams during meditation, but not really sleeping.

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Subscriber

Most days, to be honest.

hodgynd

Most days ..but I’m self employed and start early so don’t feel in the slightest bit  guilty ..it’s supposed to be really good for you too..

tjagain

Sleep?  some shifts I barely have time to pee!

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

WFH, quite often an afternoon ‘power nap’.

On the ropes it’s quite tricky but I did nod off on a sunny roof once sat on a 200m rope bag waiting for some scaffs to get out of our way.

Stoner

After a heavy social night the next day used to be challenging.

Until we realised we could go for a “meeting in the city”, taking the Circle Line, and dozing while doing circuits of Zone 1. When you did wake up, you were never more than 20 minutes from the office…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Shocked I didn’t think there was so many firefighters on here.

I’m going to re find this thread next time someone moans about teachers holidays!!

tjagain

Indeed AA – and when they complain about overpaid and underworked public servants. 😉

Once nodded off with my chin in my hand and other hand over the mouse.  Woke up realising what had happened – looked around.  No one seemed to have noticed (what does that tell you).  Still no idea how long I was asleep for.

jamesoz

Do it loads. I have very random work times, might not be able to start a job till 6pm after a 3pm job in London. The jobs are usually around an hour so not worth leaving the city.

Monday I have a 4am job and another job early pm. I may put my camping bed in the back of the Transit rather than my bike which is my other way of killing time between jobs.

Lazy bugger

jamesoz

I try to be! Still manage 40000 miles a year around all that sleeping/riding and actual on site doing stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.