Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sledgetrackworld – recommend me a sledge
  • organic355
    Free Member

Turned a bit nippy today, winter is coming….

So, every year I buy one of the cheap plastic sledges, every year they crack.
    The almost always break around the eye loop for the tow rope, then progressively split from there.

Is this just part of it, or can you spend a little more for something that will last? or just use a bin bag, tea tray etc?

Cougar

When my mate was ill once, I bought him a sledge to try and cheer him up.

He went downhill fast after that.

juanking

I suggest you find one of the ones below and buy it!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-clear-TATRA-plastic-sledge/dp/B071X8LSYH

The speed these things go is unreal and will put a smile on your face very quickly. Be warned they are seriously fast… Had one for 4 years and no bother with the freezing temps in NE Scotland and can easily accommodate ~100kgs with 2 on it.

the-muffin-man

Back in the day an old Mini bonnet was the sledge of choice! 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

After a similar thread 2 years ago I bought one of those juanking links to. No snow here since. :/

kayak23

How many reindeer you got pulling?

Drac

Fertiliser bag.

Or one of those body board type sledges they’re insanely quick.

kcal

I still have my wooden sledge from childhood, the one with metal runners, metal frame and upturned woodwork. Davos apparently. Kids loved it when they were growing up. Be warned though, friend had a go on one if his kids’ ones like it, crashed horribly and his leg’s never been the same since..

Tallpaul
    Free Member

The for sale sign stolen from the front garden closest to the big hill?

johndoh
    Free Member

My mate had one of these 40+ years ago when we were kids

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deuba-Steering-Scooter-Toboggan-Activities/dp/B005XJ9PBS

We were all equally envious and filled with hate for him as we made do with fertiliser bags (nicked from the bins of a local nursery) packed with snow.

sweepy
    Free Member

I want one of these way more than someone my age should

MrSparkle

Percy.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Fastest sledge we had as kids was one of those Davos wooden sledges but because my Uncle had brought it back from Germany it had plastic runners rather than metal.  Blisteringly quick.  Funnily enough when my Dad and Uncle went down the hill on it, when it hit a bump and took off  my Uncle’s legs came off the runners and somehow he managed to get his ankles between the runners and the ground when it landed.  Managed to break his ankles.

chowsh
    Free Member

One of these has been good for us.
    http://www.ecosledge.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

AlexSimon

If you’ve got a Decathlon near you, the one we bought from there has been absolutely fantastic.
    They don’t do that one any more, but the plastic thickness is the same on their current one:
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/adult-tray-sledge-red-id_8493869.html

muddyground
    Free Member

Just make one. Few bits of wood, some ali carpet runners, job done…..

TheDTs
    Free Member

Once made one from some old 205cm skis. It was very dangerous.
    Won a Mercedes plastic scooter With steering in a silent auction. It is much safer.

andy5390

I bought my niece one of those wooden ones, when she was 4. Must have had some impression on her

slowoldman

Yes to a proper wooden one.

elwoodblues
    Free Member

Stiga Snow Racer… Buy once, have a sled forever. And if you manage to break something, spares are readily available.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sledgetrackworld – recommend me a sledge’ is closed to new replies.