Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Slapped arse
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Sounds like a matter for the local police tbh,

But I would stress you are reporting because you’ve been a witness yourself followed by a colleague being assaulted herself a week later. The chances of you being connected to both assaults if they were the only two instances is very rare – not so rare if he’s doing this all day long!

you never know, he may have a history of inappropriate behavior towards women and is know to the local police.

People don’t generally start behaving like that towards members of the opposite sex without a history stemming from earlier life/previous crimes/etc

portlyone

Maybe there was a wasp?

wrecker
    Free Member

This happened to my wife fairly recently. She’s 5 months pregnant FFS!
    I wasn’t there but rest assured; if I’d caught the scrote, he’d have been bent over my knee and smacked until he cried.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrsToast
    Free Member

Anyone of the female persuasion got any view on this? Or is it just manly men telling everyone that hitting lone women in the street is fine?

It’s assault, and probably sexual in nature. I’d report it straight away if it happened to me.

As people have mentioned, sexual predators normally start with relatively ‘mild’ stuff and escalate as they get away with it. There was a bloke around here started with taking creepshots (in his case, taking upskirt photos), went on to touching up women and girls, and ended up raping a 14 year old girl. All the signs were there in his behaviour, but because they were dismissed as one-off occurrences, nobody saw the pattern of behaviour escalating. That’s not to say that every pervert will end up a rapist, but they do tend to start somewhere.

Groping or slapping random women on the street isn’t normal behaviour, and any effort to dismiss it as cheeky flirting is worrying.

sweepy
    Free Member

I like girls arses as much as the next man, but thats dodgy behaviour in my book and likely to escalate, it looks like its already a pattern.
    Report before it goes further, even if just to corroborate other complainants.

avdave2

I also am a little concerned as to what he might do when simply slapping women’s arses gets boring

Get them to slap his?

stumpy01

So the only thing you have linking these two incidents is a paper round bag?
    Or did the woman today get a good enough look at the bloke and/or his bike to say for definite that the bloke you saw and the bloke who slapped her are one & the same people?
    I’m not saying don’t report todays incident, but do you have enough evidence to say for sure that both of these incidents are the same bloke?

Although it obviously depends on the situation, but I find the whole sex offenders register/8 months in jail thing potentially a little OTT. Again, obviously it depends on the circumstances….

I have tooted at girls in my car before while driving past in my younger days…..is that classed as sexual assault/harrassment?
    I’ve had my ass slapped while riding into uni by a girl leaning out of a car window while all her mates egged her on & then had a good old laugh as they drove off. I was quite flattered to be honest and managed somehow find the funny side.
    I also had my ass pinched by girls in nightclubs etc. on a fairly regular basis (must have been my cycling buns…ha ha).

Mrs Toast – Member
    Groping or slapping random women people on the street isn’t ALWAYS normal behaviour, and any effort to dismiss it as cheeky flirting is worrying.

Sometimes it can just be people messing around and perhaps under-estimating the gravity of what they are doing, or the persons reaction to that action.
    I’m pretty sure that the girls who egged their mate on to slap my ass as I cycled into uni haven’t become a predatory group of women who prey on young, vulnerable student cyclists in the West London area….

wwaswas

I’m pretty sure that the girls who egged their mate on to slap my ass as I cycled into uni haven’t become a predatory group of women who prey on young, vulnerable student cyclists in the West London area….

but equally, random violence against women by men has a long history of being more than just a ‘bit of a laugh whilst out with your mates’?

crankman
    Free Member

I follow a good twitter account:

That, sadly, has many such examples. It’s a good reminder of how ‘harmless jokes’ aren’t always so.

Clobber
    Free Member

Thank you stumpy for typing eloquently what I was thinking

johnellison
    Free Member

I like girls arses as much as the next man

Unless the next man happens to be Louis Spence, Elton John or Graham Norton…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m not saying don’t report todays incident, but do you have enough evidence to say for sure that both of these incidents are the same bloke?

Surely the linking of the incidents is better left to the Police?

plyphon
    Free Member

I think it’s the fact it’s (if it is the same bloke) a repeat performance that is worrying.

sweepy
    Free Member

I like to think I’m in the happy place halfway between Elton and the paperboy (Metaphorically)

Stumpy, the difference is they would be very unlikely to be able or inclined to force themself on you

wrecker
    Free Member

I find the whole sex offenders register/8 months in jail thing potentially a little OTT

Easily avoided though?

stumpy01

piedi di formaggio – Member

Surely the linking of the incidents is better left to the Police?

Erm, yeah.

I was just thinking ahead to a scenario where the OP says to the Police ‘yeah, it must have been the same bloke…..he was X tall, wearing this that and the other and riding a black Norco blah blah with Rubber Queens and a copy of Singletrack magazine in his back pocket’……’oh, and he had a Thomson seatpost and a CK headset’…..
    and the woman who was assaulted today says ‘yeah it was a bloke on a bike with a paper round bag and, erm…..’

nwgiles

scott_mcavennie2 – Member
    I live in a town with a population of 150,000 people and is in greater London – it would be a strange coincidence for the only two women he has done this to have been ‘witnessed’ by me or work with me.

is it you really, using the hypothetical “I know this guy”?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Clobber – Member
    Bored now, I think the world is a sorry place, where will it end? Will you be able to report someone for looking at you in a seductive manner next?

I think you just need to hand yourself in lad, you can’t carry on riding round doing stuff like that. 😉

Clobber
    Free Member

Patriotpro, do you want to buy a black Norco?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

So the only thing you have linking these two incidents is a paper round bag?
    Or did the woman today get a good enough look at the bloke and/or his bike to say for definite that the bloke you saw and the bloke who slapped her are one & the same people?

Well, paper round bag, same physical appearance and the bike was a Norco (both of us are cyclists and so the first thing either of us notices about people is the bikes they are riding, sadly).

Although it obviously depends on the situation, but I find the whole sex offenders register/8 months in jail thing potentially a little OTT. Again, obviously it depends on the circumstances….

I agree. When I saw him do it, it just didn’t seem like any of the innocent incidents you described – I have witnessed many incidents like that in the past and have found them funny in my younger days, and maybe a little embarrassing in my older days.

I’m not an innocent lamb who’s never witnessed things like this – to be honest in my time I have seen and done all sorts. There was something about this that was a little predatory for my liking though.

Reported now, and they are taking it pretty seriously (I suspect there have been other complaints from the reaction). They are putting his description out so they can have a chat.

stumpy01

scott_mcavennie2 – Member

I agree. When I saw him do it, it just didn’t seem like any of the innocent incidents you described – I have witnessed many incidents like that in the past and have found them funny in my younger days, and maybe a little embarrassing in my older days.

I’m not an innocent lamb who’s never witnessed things like this – to be honest in my time I have seen and done all sorts. There was something about this that was a little predatory for my liking though.

Reported now, and they are taking it pretty seriously (I suspect there have been other complaints from the reaction). They are putting his description out so they can have a chat.

Cool. Sounds like the right course of action.
    As I was trying to get across in my earlier post, not every situation or circumstance is the same. And it seems like this occasion warrants further investigation.

Well, paper round bag, same physical appearance and the bike was a Norco (both of us are cyclists and so the first thing either of us notices about people is the bikes they are riding, sadly).

This is good.
    From your OP it wasn’t clear how much your sightings tallied other than the paper round bag.

stumpy01

sweepy – Member

……or inclined to force themself on you

How very dare you…….!! I think you’ll find they’d have been unable to resist……!

😆

TiRed

Call 101 and report it – if only for corroboration. Sure it wasn’t a Cannondale? after all one of their roadies has got form…

Some guys commented on mine once, but I think the beard put them off before they could reach!

Lifer
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member
    Sometimes it can just be people messing around and perhaps under-estimating the gravity of what they are doing, or the persons reaction to that action.

Ignorance is no defence.

chrisdw
    Free Member

You planned this didn’t you…

plyphon
    Free Member

ha!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Synopsis? 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Slapped arse’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts