Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Slapheads. When did you decide enough was enough?
  • samuri
    Free Member

I’ve got this friend who is thinning a bit on top.
    Now for the most part, from the front, he looks ok. But he’s aware that from the back he looks like he’s joined a monostary.

So when did you decide that balding is not a choice but being bald is?

I’ll let my friend know.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think if your friend is aware of the situation then it’s time for a set of clippers to be added to the kit list. And some Factor 30 sun cream. 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Balding is definitely not a good look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlosg
    Free Member

I first noticed wads of hair in the plughole aged 15 , by the time I’d got to 28 my hair was seriously thinning on top. My hair was halfway down my back and one day as I looked in the mirror I thought crikey thats looking a bit thin and shiney.
    There was no way i was going to have a bald top with a ponytail as I believe thats worse than a comb over so I went out and bought myself a set of clippers , I’ve never looked back and like having very short hair (no clip in winter, bic’d in summer)
    I just look a prat if I go headbanging at gigs.

Harry_the_Spider

When you stop combing it and start arranging it.

Clipper time!

crankboy
    Free Member

in my 20’s i realised it was all looking a bit sparse and went for a set of clippers and no1 grade not brushed my hair since.

gary

Your friend knows its clipper time 🙂

#2 or less all the way since mid 20s here!

bearnecessities

Been receding since a 14.

Aged 17, then gf kissed back of my head (don’t!) as I was sat down. “Ah, I just kissed your bald spot”……”My WHAT?”

Now 35, about 2 months ago, triggered by sick of paying for a hair cut and being shown the back of my head, I went out and bought clippers.

Grade 3, won’t even look back now. Should have done it at 17.

EDIT: Mine also looked reasonable from the front, but from the top and back it was a different story.

Further Edit: also convinced bald spot cause by later-found-out-child-molester teacher, that used to lift me up by my hair in primary school. Shit.

Rorschach
    Free Member

‘Mates’ shaved my head as a going away present when I was 20.Never bothered growing my hair long again after that and 10 years later I started malting anyway.
    Now approaching 40 ,I just compensate with awesome beardness.

Muke
    Free Member

When I saw the top of my head on the cctv screen as I entered the local B&Q and backed up by my son announcing ” Dad you have no hair in the middle of your hair “.

jamesr
    Free Member

Started using clippers when I was about 25 as the hairline slowly disappeared skywards.
    Started on a longer setting, graduated to the shortest.
    Then, when I was about 30 I decided even that looked wrong and took the razor route.
    Best thing I ever did; shave head and face once or twice a week, job done.
    God knows how much I’ve saved in haircuts….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s not going bald it’s evolution sped up. We are advanced 🙂

What do men need hair for?

loddrik
    Free Member

First shaved my hair at about 28 and I’m 40 now. Best thing I ever did, if there were a cure for baldness tomorrow I wouldn’t be interested in it whatsoever. More than happy being bald and using the clippers once a week, wouldn’t go back to having hair in a million years. Use clippers with no attachment and close as possible.

vondally
    Free Member

shaved the pate at 25 kojak now at 47

never bothered never worried no cares best move I did following new romantic haircuts and punk fashion

line of business I am in I get lots of abuse and comments some are positive aka Hitman or Elysium man some okay Brucie (willis not Forysth) some cook an egg on that mate….not many though

tell him to shave it

daftvader
    Free Member

about 4 years ago. knew i was developing a solar panel but it was highlighted by mrs vander panning a video around the back of my head. the relulting glare almost blinded the camera. went to boots later that day and clippers were bought…

Coyote
    Free Member

Clippers? CLIPPERS???

Wet shave twice a week for smoothy goodness. Make suncream a daily application from about May onwards.

Do I know your “friend” Samuri? does he go by the name “Jon”?

samuri
    Free Member

Maybe. I blame being sat at a bank of desks with you, norm and ken for this.
    You infected me with your slap head disease.

Bucko

When I was 17. If I grew my hair now I’d look like Terry Nutkins (RIP)

BoomBip

” Dad you have no hair in the middle of your hair “

😆

ononeorange

Hate hate hate hate being bald. With a seething intense passion. Tried growing it as long as I dared but whatever you do you are just the butt of jokes from all sides.I feel I left behind any right to Join inthe human race 25 years ago and regret every day.

And breathe.

hora
    Free Member

Its only hair ffs. Think of poor girls and hair loss. By far much worse.

darrell
    Free Member

the correct time is at least 12 months ago

wysiwyg
    Free Member

6th June 2006.

geoffj

Been using the clippers for 10 years now (now 41). It has never bothered me until the past 6 months or so. In some ways I wish I had a head of lovely locks again – but it aint gonna happen, so why worry.

And Junior 2 tells me I look like an old man, if I leave it a bit too long between clipping sessions 😥

hora
    Free Member

I started shaving my head aged 19 as maintaining hair annoyed me. I stopped washing my hair 2yrs before and havent washed my head since.

duffle
    Free Member

It’s time when you sit in front of a window and you can feel a cool draft on the top of your head. About 7 years ago for me……so much easier in a morning 🙂

ononeorange

Hora why’s it worse?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The day before our wedding 4/9/99 to be exact. No loss, my excuse for hair was always hideous anyway, fine and blond that grew vertically if left, wouldn’t style for anything, good riddance.

I reckon I must have saved a fortune in hair cutting fees in the last 13 years!

stumpy01

Every time I go into changing rooms that have mirrors that let you see behind you I think ‘oooh, it’s getting worse, I should probably go for the trimmed look soon’ and then keep putting it off.

I am getting married in a few weeks and I think that once I am back from honeymoon I will be getting a closer cut hair-do!!

zippykona

I remember sitting in a pub and the older squaddies were ripping the piss out of the youngest as he hadn’t started to recede. Sat there thinking that these were my kind of people.
    Flip side.. on the tube and a pissed up nazi skin gets on. A few sieg hiels are thrown and then his attention is drawn to a bald Indian man.
    Skin walks up to Indian man and starts rubbing the poor sods head and saying “alright baldie.” I managed to hide behind that pole you hold onto!

Kuco

First clipped it when I was about 21 that was 22 years ago.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Needs the back comb. My grandad had a fringe about 14 inches long that combed back covered the massive bold patch underneath. I never realised he was bold until I’d seen him comb it forward one day to see the shiny baldness underneath and now horrified to now know its hereditary.

loddrik
    Free Member

Hate hate hate hate being bald. With a seething intense passion. Tried growing it as long as I dared but whatever you do you are just the butt of jokes from all sides.I feel I left behind any right to Join inthe human race 25 years ago and regret every day.

There is no way the above is serious. If it is, you either have serious self confidence issues or you are femail.

I can categorically say that my hair or lack of it has never been the butt of jokes from any side. Firstly, people just wouldn’t to my face anyway, and secondly, what jokes? Where is the humour in baldness? This is 2013 and I’m sure that any effort to extract humour from something as mundane and commonplace as male baldness would go down like a mother in law joke…

hora
    Free Member

Why?

How many heros and manly villians in movies are bald?

How many ladies?

All girls should have thick lovely hair. Us men don’t need it.

Kuco

I just wished the bit i’ve got left would do the honourable thing and fall out so wouldn’t have to clip it every couple of days.

ononeorange

No loddrik I am serious and do detest it. Have been the butt of tiresome jokes since school about it, which I am fairly fed up with. Probably explains the self-confidence lack, rather than due to it. Being a fat biffa doesn’t help either.

Apologies, this thread touched a nerve. Will stop reading it and sulk like a teenager for a bit!

sweepy
    Free Member

Number two for ten years now, maybe more. I think once you get to my age thick hair looks a bit weird to be honest.
    My Uncle had a killer combover when I was a kid, I got the shock of my life when I saw him dive into the pool at pontins with a full head of hair, and surface with it all sliding off the side of his head.

Coyote
    Free Member

^^^ 😆 ^^^

zippykona

I wish my face would go bald.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Don’t think it’ll be very long before the clippers come out for me too…. Very sad.

I can feel hair there, but when the barber shows me the back of my hair when they finish, a little bit of my dignity shuffles off.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Slapheads. When did you decide enough was enough?’ is closed to new replies.