Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Skype video calls on a mobile phone…
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

OK, so when I renew/upgrade my 3 contract it looks like Skype and unlimited broadband are on the cards, with the right phone.
    Anyone know if I can make Skype video calls? A refurbished Nokia 5800 is cheap and tempting (along with all the GPS fun that is available) so, anyone had any success or experience?

itsallgood

Yep – you can. There is a Skype download available for the 5800, although it's not great and works better when you are in a wifi zone.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

That is all I needed to hear, most of the time it would be used it would be between me at my school (with wireless network) and my wife/baby at home (with wireless network) but being able to other places would be good. Knew there was a download, just couldn't find anything that confirmed that it would do video.

It's all good, itsallgood.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yeah, the Nokia 5800 is a vastly improved phone now that they have improved the firmware and stacks of new apps have become available.

All it lacks is Nokia Internet radio however.

joemarshall
    Free Member

The version of Skype I have on symbian won't do video.

There is Fring, which does video calls to Skype, but the quality is pretty bad, as you're going via two lots of servers (the Fring ones and a Skype node)

sharkbait
    Free Member

I see that o2 are stopping the unlimited data plans very shortly and that pretty much everyone else will follow. But they seem to think that 95% of people will not be affected.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Skype video calls on a mobile phone…’ is closed to new replies.