Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sky TV. If I phone to cancel what are they likely to offer me to stay?
  • beaker

I have Sky TV (boo Murdoch etc) the simple fact is it knocks the socks off freeview. I’m currently paying for everything bar films and sport. My neighbour cancelled his sub eighteen months ago and has gone back to them this month (misses the cricket!) and is getting the full whack for £26 a month for a year. I know that if I ring to cancel they’ll try and keep my custom and I will ring them tonight. My question to anyone that has recently thretened to cancel is- what did they offer you to stay with them?

Any good gen welcomed….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They offerd us precisely diddly-sqaut. Not that it would have made a differnce becasue we had decided to go back to Virgin anyway. They did make a mess of cancelling it all though….

Taff
    Free Member

Depends on your negotiating skills, I’m rubbish as tey call my bluff but my Dad went to cancel and they offered him loads – best of everything all sport & movies for £30!!!!! He lasted another 6 months and then left them before prices went up.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

They reduced our monthly bill by 50% for 6 months, when that’s up I’ll cancel unless they offer the same sort of deal.

Drac

They don’t always offer so don’t get too excited.

Taff
    Free Member

My Dad nearly lost his phone number which he’s had for 27 years because sky couldn’t change it over

t-obias
    Free Member

Sod all ime.

Moved house at the beginning of August. The turn around time to cancel the internet and telephone and then have it reconnected suddenly jumped form 2 days to 2 weeks. That turned out to be BS aswell. Called me 17 days after the first cancelation to say the old package was now cancelled, but they couldn’t offer me the same deal anymore. Instead of internet being free with the talk package it would now be £17 on top of the £12 I was already paying for the phone. Not only that, but I’d be waitin a further 10 days for the phone to be up and running and another 8 days after that for the internet.

Talktalk had phone and internet up and running in 5 days and it only costs £15 combined.

As a nice swipe they also tried to charge me for the month I had neither service…..

EDIT – sorry, in my haste to complain I see you’re talking about their TV. Have been offered the films for half price for 6 months or free for 3 months in the past.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve just used virgins sky switcher offer to move
    Will get hd, TiVo box and multiroom for £100 a year cheaper than equivalent on sky, plus more reliable and faster Internet (sky internet is shite, dial up often faster) espn and more tv channels (even factoring in they haven’t charged me the extra £10 a month for unlimited broadband for about 18 months despite that being a 6 month deal originally)
    Did think of doing the whole phone to cancel and see what the offered to stay thing but our sky plus box keeps crashing too so figured I’d just call it a day then virgin said I’d get an extra £30 credit if I cancelled sky using their form and it was a no brainer…..
    After one call to virgin customer services yesterday though I’m already regretting it, they clearly haven’t changed from the old ntl days

joolsburger
    Free Member

I only have sky hd prompted by this thread I phoned them this evening said Virgin (who I use for phone and BB) had offered me a good package to move TV and they gave me 50% off for the next 6 months.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I only have sky hd, prompted by this thread I phoned them this evening said Virgin (who I use for phone and BB) had offered me a good package to move TV and they gave me 50% off for the next 6 months.

grantway
    Free Member

I only have sky hd, prompted by this thread I phoned them this evening said Virgin (who I use for phone and BB) had offered me a good package to move TV and they gave me 50% off for the next 6 months.

About to take this offer from Virgin Fed up with SKY and its Monopolies.

Is Virgin Better?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

We got 4 mix packages for 6 months, Our friends got the same offer and we asked them to match it, they verified our story by checking what out friends pay and matched it. Once the 6 months is up we will cancel it and try again.

oxym0r0n

What Kingtut said

Cougar

Bearing in mind that as of today there are no mix packages. You’ve got ‘entertainment’ and ‘entertainment plus’.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sky TV. If I phone to cancel what are they likely to offer me to stay?’ is closed to new replies.