Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sky sports now TV pass?
  • weeksy

https://www.skysports.com/get-sky?DCMP=bac-SS.com_NewSkySports_Homepage_Commercial

Anyone know about this stuff? Want to watch Liverpool on Fri night, but we don’t have sky sports.

Do I then watch on my sky box as usual?

jimdubleyou

Now TV is streaming only – you need a streaming device.

Not sure if the Sky box has the app or not, but my (fairly new) TV has one, as does Apple TV and various other devices.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I use it via the app on my phone and chromecast, can be a little fiddly as you have to activate the pass once your have bought it. The 1 Week one is much better value than the day if you want to catch anything else in the week ahead

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

Ummmm not feeling that, wanted to watch on my TV really.

Thanks guys. Will ring sky later and see what they suggest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not got something to stream on the TV with? Works from a laptop with HDMI to the TV too

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just to add
    https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv
    all the ways of getting it onto your tv

weeksy

Could possibly stream from laptop yeah. I think wife has an Apple TV thing too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just plug a cable in works fine, apple tv is simple enough too, you can do 2 devices at once so I share the log in with my folks

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

If you are using nowtv remember u are on a 45 second to 1 minute delay , so turn off any app alerts

toemul
    Free Member

Buy yourself a stick with the month pass on and get sky sports all over Christmas and when it runs out buy the day passes when there’s a game u wanna watch.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I got a NowTv stick for a fiver as an existing customer. Works well.

scuttler

I watch using the built-in apps on Apple TV and LG TV here. It works well and the Apple TV is portable so I can take it mates / folks houses and connect to Wifi. The BT Youview box I have here has Now TV but its deliberately nobbled by BT to not have Sky Sports content. Day passes can be bought cheaply occasionally and banked and month pass offers come in every now and again (I have Dec 10th – Jan 9th for £20 – you cancel the recurring payment online as soon it’s bought but still get the month you got on the offer).

Second disabling alerts / radio coverage etc due to the streaming delay.

weeksy

I recalled an old ‘app’ I used to use but it mostly stopped working on previous versions. However, i put the new version on and Sky Sports seems to be working well. Plus it’s free… .So i think i’ll give that one a whirl for now.
    Usually we head to the pub but babysitting for this Fri.

Kryton57

Sky Sports seems to be working well. Plus it’s free

Please elaborate Weeksy? What app is this?

iamanobody
    Free Member

aye sounds good

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sky sports now TV pass?’ is closed to new replies.