Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SKS Speedrockers (yes, another mudguard question)
  • geomickb
    Free Member

SKS suggests that these are the guards which I want for my XLA.

Has anyone tried them?

I’m running 35mm tyres and want clip on ones.

Mick

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve got them on my gravel / commuter. No wobble at all, quite sturdy, give very good tyre clearance. The velcro strap bits need cutting down on mine as the sometimes flap into the spokes. Not sure why they use velcro on the front and rubbery straps for the back.

russl
    Free Member

I’ve got them on my Arkose D3, I’ve done 4 off road rides with them now, I’ve got .45 tyres and the mudguards are about the same width. They don’t rattle around or move about. They keep the worst of the muck off apart from the bottom bracket area. I have found one negative with them though, I’ve done a couple of very wet rides and every now and again as I rode through a puddle the water would spray out from the front and soak my feet! It doesn’t seem related to speed of travel or depth of water either, just now and again. Most likely because they are not really wide enough for my tyres but I can live with it.

mos

Just upgraded to these on my Pickenflick from Raceblade XL’s. Much sturdier & better coverage.

SimonR

Tried a few similar mudguards but these are the best I’ve found so far for the gravel bike – nice and stiff, rattle-free off-road), plenty of clearance and relatively easy to remove and re-fit.

Majority of use so far is with 700x42c Resolutes – looks like they’ll work with 650x47c – still plenty of clearance around the stays and width gives OK coverage.

Bit pricy but worth it …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SKS Speedrockers (yes, another mudguard question)’ is closed to new replies.