Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ski/snowboard insurance?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

I normally use Snowcard but over £70 for a weeks cover seems a lot

However cheap insurance can be a false economy I am sure!

Anyone had good experiences with other companies?

Ta

madhouse

I used DogTags before I got travel insurance with my bank account (and yes I’ve opted in for snowsports cover).

Can’t vouch for the service of either as thankfully I never been in the position of needing to call them. Mate used his bank’s insurance and they were great when he caught an edge and ended up needing a CAT scan, he was with Lloyds at the time.

footflaps

We get ski cover as part of work’s health insurance package…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

over £70 for a weeks cover seems a lot

That is a lot.

Isn’t there a way you’re supposed to do it through one of those cashback companies and it ends up costing hardly anything? I always forget and use confused.com

xcgb
    Free Member

Trying to avoid confused as now every time i get a price i get a sales call within 10mins- silly me for giving my real number I know!

GrahamS

For normal family piste-bound skiing in the EU we just use Columbus Direct – mostly because we can do it all online quickly including medical exemptions etc. We typically take the Silver cover which seems adequate.

For lads holiday where there is much more off-piste stuff and general larking about I use MPI Brokers to be sure I’m covered. As recommended by HAT (along with snowcard and dogtag):

https://www.henryoffpiste.com/hop/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Off-Piste-Insurance.pdf

xcgb
    Free Member

Thanks
    there will be some off piste shenanigans so thanks for the tip as I know some wont cover this

Cheers

shifter
    Free Member

I use Columbus. Their snow sports option includes off-piste within the limits of the ski area.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I used MPI. Off piste is included as standard. I paid 52 for 2 of us for a week in france.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Double post!

hairybiker84
    Free Member

Don’t even think about LV, I speak from experience!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ski/snowboard insurance?’ is closed to new replies.