Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • skirting boards
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I need to get some new skirting boards, can anyone suggest a decent supplier, I am in Gloucestershire if it matters.

benv
    Free Member

1st stop would be your nearest timber merchant, most do local delivery so you can buy the longer lengths. Most skirting these days is MDF with a coat of primer.

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye as above. We ordered ours from the local Buildbase when we did our house, was reasonable priced from memory. Looks like one near you. Get it delivered in nice long lengths to your door.

spennyy
    Free Member
    tonto
    Free Member

I’ve got some ladders I can lend you.

wwaswas

Calculate the lengths you buy so you can use a single board for each run with litte wastage – makes life so much easier and a much neater job.

And do a proper job on internal corners – no mitre cuts 😉

Oggles
    Free Member

Local merchant – much cheaper than a Big Shed, even if you factor in delivery. And much more likely to come in long lengths.

I’ve also used SkirtingsRUs when I wanted a taller profile than my local stocked. Really well packaged for delivery. They also offer custom options like rebates for cabling etc. and multiple length options so if you do the calcs up front you can be efficient with cuts/wastage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘skirting boards’ is closed to new replies.