Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Skip hire Wirral!
  • surfer
    Free Member

Just been quoted £220 for a builders skip (on the road) from a local supplier (Wirral)

Seems a lot more than I paid a couple of years back but I understand permits have gone up. Is this typical in the North West???

Cheers

kimbers

Hippobag? If you can fit one on your property. No permit reqd

the-muffin-man

£220 ish seems to be the going rate now for a full builders skip on road.

Hippobag? If you can fit one on your property. No permit reqd

Even with no road permit – the amount of bags you need to equal a full builders skips works out more expensive.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surfer
    Free Member

The largeste is about 1/2 the size of a builder skip but 3/4 of the price. If it was big enough it would work as its not “heavy” wast mostly green with stumps etc. Cheers though

surfer
    Free Member

Cheers Muffin Man. Thought it was, just seemed a hike from the last one. To be fair this companies skips are all over so suspect the cost is competitive.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Just dump it off Levers Causeway like everybody else!?!

skiprat
    Free Member

Have you told them its green waste? Most places will offer some discount for 1 type of waste being segregated. General waste is £95+ per tonne these days.

The permits (road licences) are a joke. If we can give 3 days notice to our local highways, its about £20. If a customer needs a skip straight away its £90 for the licence. Things like this promote fly tipping.

Sorry but we’re miles away and wouldn’t be able to supply you.

SiB
    Free Member

I ride up and down Lever Causeway everyday, the fly-tipping is a disgrace. So if Lever Causeway has no spare space for you try the lanes from Storeton Village to Clatterbridge tip, for some reason a lot of the rubbish doesn’t make it to the tip and ends up on these lanes. I only live down the road from Levers Causeway by Barnston Camp, if I lived up in Storeton I would have rigged some cameras up to try to catch the scum who do it.

Skips….I dunno, sorry, but I expect they are all fairly similar

MrOvershoot

Your not kidding SiB every week there are a couple of new piles of mostly building rubbish on the lane from Brimstage to Storeton.
    I once started filming a bloke about to dump rubbish out the back of a green Vectra on the 90deg bend.
    He swore a lot but put it back in his car while his wife sat there looking very sheepish.
    In hindsight I should have reported him anyway as I’m sure he probably went and dumped it elsewhere 🙁

project
    Free Member

What sort of waste are we talking of, may be cheaper to hire a van and take to local; tip site, eg Bidston Moss just apply for a free permit first, ifits other peoples waste youll need a waste carriers licence from the EA.

Christmas day at Claterbridge tip site, is intresting, the gates are piled high with stuff, staff cant get in a few days later, and its about half mile from Levers causeway.

Another good tipping point is off Beufort road,within a few hundred yards of Bidston tip site.

surfer
    Free Member

Its just a load of trees/bushes/roots etc. I took a few to the Arrowe park tip but there is just far too much to do it this way. May make sense to hire a van though, no shortage of labour !

project
    Free Member

There isnt a tip site at Arrowe park thats legal

surfer
    Free Member

Clatterbridge

midlifecrashes

GrahamA
    Free Member

Don’t know about Claterbridge but I think people turn up at bidston see the queue and dump their rubbish on the road.

They got quite upset when I parked in the car park and walkefd up to the skip with my bag of Rubbish

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Skip hire Wirral!’ is closed to new replies.