Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Skip bike!
  • sc-xc

Just got this out of my mum’s neighbour’s skip…

Elswick Puma, cheap and cheerful frame that will do to replace the fixed commuter frame thats on it’s last legs.

I’m just off to look through some bins to see if I can’t find some dinner now 🙂

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Please post pics during the transformation, I’d be interested to see what you do with that..

Mugboo

Some fool had skipped this baby..

IMG_0421

Lots of polish, new wheels to replace the tubs, new chainrings and a few old Mtb parts later…

Doe’s anyone know if i the front mech will work with a triple because there’s no way the missus can pedal that 39 up the hill from work.

If not can i put a smaller front rin on that will still work with the 52 big ring? Its a 7/8spd.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

WEEDS!!!! WEEDS!!!! OMG look at the weeds!

You patio, Sir, is an utter disgrace.

Now go and sit in your room and think about what you should do.

Oh, nice rummage (although what you were doing skip hunting on Mothers Day…)!

MrSmith
    Free Member

what an odd gunslinger bar position.

simon1975

Doubt if a smaller ring will go on that spider… Tell her to stand up!

Mugboo

Sorry about the bar thing, i have corrected this schoolboy error..

As for the little ring, i mean’t changing that double for a triple, the last thing i want is a missus with calves like Arnie!!

Harky97
    Free Member

Hi Barry, I've just been given one of these for free by a work collegue after my ride to work bike was stolen. Mine even has the same groovy colour scheme!
    I've just removed the derailleur and shortened the chain and am running on the 18t sprocket at the back. The chainline is spot on and the ratio suits me for my commute to work (16 miles there, the same back surprisingly enough!). I'm planning to singlespeed it by removing the block and re-dishing the back wheel.
    I'd be interested in hearing how you'rer getting on with yours.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Skip bike!’ is closed to new replies.