• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Skinny MTB tyres
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just worn out my rear 1.8" Sauserwind so replaced it with the not so worn front (same) tyre and stuck a 1.8" Nobby Nic evo on the front. While the Sauserwinds are quite a "large" 1.8, the NNs really are quite skinny! Not sure if I'll put the same on the rear once the Sauserwind wears out as it may be a bit draggy. Any other fast rolling skinny MTB tyre options? Not many seem to do 1.8s but I really like them.

harrington
    Free Member

I have a Panaracer Fire XC Pro in 1.8 which I've been happy with…

househusband

I have some UST IRC Mibro's hanging up in the garage; they're 1.95's, way too skinny for my 15st ass. Only been used once and and you're welcome to them for postage costs, as I'll never use them again – I hate throwing stuff away.

Email in profile if you're at all interested.

TheSlider
    Free Member

I used to use the famed Conti cross country 1.5 which were SUPER fast and got me through tons of mud in the days of V-brakes and all the clogging that used to happen on most mtb's.
    Mind you, I remember falling off a bit more and they needed to be 'rock hard' and I'm not sure I could take that pounding nowadays.

senorj

kenda dred tread 1.8's here.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Cheers all. Some good ideas. HH – I'm a bit of a sucker for "bling" tyres that weigh naff all (NNs are 410g) so I think I'll pass but many thanks for the offer.

househusband

No worries; forgot I had them until I saw your post – will stick them on classifieds.

(I'd be positively frightened on tyres that light!!!)

GW
    Free Member

Andy, can I have the tyres?

househusband

Yup. Anything for my stw stalker…

GW
    Free Member

Ta Luv

Xxx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Skinny MTB tyres’ is closed to new replies.