• This topic has 35 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Skills stuff… SE around London
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Other than Esher Shore (not sure my ego can take the battering the local kids will give it), is there anywhere where I can go for a concentrated skills day? I need to get a bit more confident on drops and jumps and I reckon half a day of a skills-park should do the trick.

andywhit
    Free Member

Gorrick now do various skills courses including a “drops and bomb holes” one. No jumps at this time but they plan to offer that later on.

All courses at Swinley (Bracknell).

http://gorrick.com/training/drops.php

jedi

i’ll be running skills courses in the near future but in the mean time if you fancy a day at herts shore with me let me know

steelfan
    Free Member

Try these guys based around the North Downs.
    Surrey Hills

MattEmulsion
    Free Member

Jedi, Pm me when you start your skills sessions with some details. I think your pretty local which is convenient for me and a couple of mates

jedi

seriously? cool.
    dunno when im starting. got my mias course this weekend then 1st aid etc….if i can help you before just ask me dude.its not about cash its about getting better

MattEmulsion
    Free Member

seriously-Yeah
    We are off to the alps in 6 weeks or so, and i’ve been thinking that a skills sesions is much needed. Once you’ve done all your bits then let me know and we’ll get something sorted.

Cheers

jedi

ok cool.will do

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

Jedi – what were thinking of including in your skills course? The most I can do is wheelie a bit on a good day when the planets are lined up (and I’ve bl**dy well tried hard, ie. every day for 20 minutes). But also, I’d really like to get some trials basics sorted, ie. manuals/pedal kicks/hopping on back wheel/flicking the back round … that kind of thing. And I can’t jump … at all.

jedi

from very basics to more advanced moves.pedal kicks are quite easy when you know the technique

phinbob

Jedi,

Same here, I’d love to get some skills training but I’m in no rush – so make sure you let us know when you are up and running.

jedi

whoooo, cheers guys

HackneyRider
    Free Member

yeah I’d be interested as well Jedi when you are up and running, being based in North London makes Herts easy…

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

I’ve just mailed round a few mates, and they’re all in too.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Yeah, Jedi; I’d be interested

ononeorange

Could be interested too – I think I just sent you a message through your website. No rush either. Cheers James

jedi

i havent figured out costing yet either 🙂

private or group price etc..

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d be up for it. Not looking to become a freeride God but there’s times when being nervous about stuff is causing me to have more problems than just falling off would.

lexiekay
    Free Member

Jedi – would you be thinking of running some womens courses too?

Lemurian
    Free Member

Don’t think they actually do skills courses as such, but chicksands (near bedford) is a great place to go learn jumpy/droppy stuff. Wide variety of obstacles – drops/dirt jumps/north shore/mini dh – starting from little up to no-so-little! They a mint 4x track as well which is all rollable so you can build up gradually. As they say, practice makes perfect 😀

glenp
    Free Member

Steelfan has kindly already recommended us (cheers, Steelfan) – but since you’re in Surrey … http://www.allbikedup.com

Positive we can help your confidence. Tackling drops and jumps as they occur within the flow of a trail is about learning some general trail techniques as much as it is about just trying to nail an individual move.

lyons
    Free Member

you could talk to John Holbrook. hes a great rider, and teaches up aston hill. He could teach you jumps and drops etc i’m sure…

Look at the stuff towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.rideastonhill.co.uk/News/Entries/2009/1/14_MORE_TRAINING_NEWS.html

atlaz
    Free Member

glenp – Special STW rates? 😛

jedi

lexikay, yes indeed 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jedi – you’re not going to have enough time to ride going on all the responses above!! 😉

jedi

i will always find time to ride 🙂 :@)

bumley
    Free Member

Jedi – I would ask to rent your services…….but appartently i’m beyond help!:-(

jedi

no-ones beyond help!

glenp
    Free Member

“glenp – Special STW rates?”

Hmm – I’ll have a chat with Richard about that (its his company). Certainly if several of you get together for a session we could do something.

jfeb
    Free Member

Jedi – I’d be interested in a skills course too. If you are keeping a list of people to contact once you are up and running could you add me to it.

jedi

blimey, im blown away by the response 🙂

singletrackmind

GlenP .-
    See you in the morning , 10.30 sharp!

cinnamon_girl

jedi – Member
    no-ones beyond help!

jedi – I know I keep saying I want to come to Herts but I guarantee that you will regret the above comment 😳

Perhaps as part of your training you will be required to deal with a “difficult/challenging” rider – give me a call 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Well if I can get my bike sorted out again (my spannering makes as many probs as it fixes) I might take both of you up on the skill boost.

jedi

cinnamon girl, try me!

jedi

i now have my mtb skills/leader m.i.a.s qualification.

nearly there 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Skills stuff… SE around London’ is closed to new replies.