• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Skills courses in North-East England
  • Mackem

Looking to do a Intermediate level skills course within reasonable travelling distance from Consett, Co.Durgham. Anybody got any recommendations, or any companies on here got available dates between July 15th and August 13.

Cheers.

robsoctane
    Free Member

meet me down the old lines near chester there’s a wood called cong woods, we could at least ride together, might learn something each?

Mackem

Sounds like a plan, espcially if you want to perfect your dismounting technique. I’ll give you a heads up, when I’m back home.

robsoctane
    Free Member

great but do you mean that you’ll teach me how to fall off? haha!

where are you now? I ride a P5 as of next weekend by the way. All bikes are chos though!

Mackem

I’m in Bilbao, need to get better at riding down steep stuff.

Drac

Great Rock might do something if there’s enough numbers. Those dates might be too short though but you never know.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Try Stu at http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/ dunno what he’s like as an instuctor but you couldn’t learn in a better classroom!

robsoctane
    Free Member

@makem: can at least show you some great steep stuff mate, sessioning it is the way forwards, I took 15 seconds off a 1:16 in Cong woods the other week.

Hope you find what you’re REALLY looking for too, meet you soon.

Ed-O
    Free Member

You can see the skills courses that I’ve got during that time on my site. There’s Alpine Prep and Stop Crashing Level 2, by the looks of it. Cheers Ed.

RayMazey
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

CyclewiseBit further out but worth the drive over to Cumbria

Xylene
    Free Member

Where is Cong Woods exactly.

Chester is on my way home from work, and I could do with something closer to pootle about

Shackleton

I’m guessing it’s the woods just north of Waldrigde, WSW of C-le-St towards Edmondsley.

May have to go for a rummage myself….

doug_basqueMTB.com

Mark, I can definitely recommend Ed. I reckon you’d get a lot out of it. Do you know he’s over here next week too?

kevj
    Free Member

Quirrel – Member

Where is Cong Woods exactly.

Chester is on my way home from work, and I could do with something closer to pootle about

Yes, near Waldridge. Basically take the track down the side of the closed pub in Waldridge and enjoy! One of those Bridleways after 6p.m. trails though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Skills courses in North-East England’ is closed to new replies.