Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Skiing at Glenshee today
  • KT1973
    Free Member

Went skiing to Glenshee today. First time I've been up in ages.
    Conditions we're pretty good- not too windy and most runs were open with decent cover but most were quite icy especially the upper slopes.
    It started snowing again this pm so conditions should remain good this week. I think I'll go again on Thursday or Friday.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

pics?

KT1973
    Free Member

I didn't take any personally since my phone camera is knacked but these are pretty much how it was http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/glenshee/interface.php?pk_interface=278&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
    There looked like being a distinct lack of snow until the last 300 ish feet climb to the car park, and there were rocks and heather showing through off piste, but most pisted areas were decent

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks good. I've never managed to get there when it's been in the right conditions. What with being from SW England, it's a total gamble if you book anything but a great bonus if in the area and conditions are right. Cool. I'm in south Germany with work ATM and planning to go to Garmish at the weekend which I'm really looking forward to. I'll post some pics.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Hopefully the Glas Maol lift will be working when you go back up – the runs there are superb. I might head up to Glencoe tomorrow – 6" of fresh yesterday plus whatever will have fallen last night and today!

KT1973
    Free Member

Conditions looking good for tomorrow- no wind, pity I can't make it.
    Hoping I can go Friday. I'd like to go to Aviemore but I'd really need to stay overnight since it's quite a long drive (3 hours each way)

Buzzlightyear- I hadn't heard of Garmisch before but just checked it out online. Looks pretty good some interesting history there too

waynekerr
    Free Member

There's about 2in fell just West of Aberdeen (60m east of Glenshee)since 4pm, so I'd suspect a bit more would have fallen at Glenshee.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Skiing at Glenshee today’ is closed to new replies.