Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Skid lids 7IDP content
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

So , new helmet time, ive seen these 7IDP helmets doing the rounds but ive yet to find a definitive review or someones take on them. The look like decent All Mountain hats with good coverage to rear and best of all they come in some really nice colours (well they have to match don’t they)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/7-idp-m2-helmet/rp-prod128140?gs=1&gclid=CP-HzKP9nMcCFUKWtAodg-EAQQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anybody taken the plunge ?

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Did you take the plunge? If so what do you think?

mcnultycop

Bought one this week. It’s superb.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    compass81

Try this for a review:

Seven Protection M2 helmet review

cokie

I’ve got one! The bright ones really are loud.
    Very comfy and offers a lot of protection to the lower part of the back of the head. The medium is more like a large though. Luckily there’s enough adjustment to take up the slack and make it comfortable.

JoeG
    Free Member

One of these? 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah got one the other month it’s a good lid

No obvious signs of cost-cutting it’s a lot better than my Giro Feature for example. It’s a good shape light/low profile/non-dorky and there’s plenty of adjustment. Lining is plush but not quite as resilient as my Super it saturates if you sweat a lot although the straps are moisture resistant which is good. Cradle and ratchet adjuster works well. My 61 cm head is in the middle of the Xl/XXL there’s room for a buff. Neon yellow is bright to say the least and probably not for shy retiring types

FuzzyWuzzy

Haven’t actually ridden in mine yet but it’s pretty big (both looks-wise and internal volume-wise), I normally find large sizes a tight fit but the L/XL one of these I bought is plenty big enough, might even have got away with a medium.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

I’ve got one, fits great and the washable liner is really nice feature.

thecroust
    Free Member

Reviving an old thread I know, but it’s still open so what the hell. Just wondering what the shape is like on these? My heed’s of the long narrow type but many helmets seem to have got rounder over the last few years. Giros for example typically leave enough room for me to get my hand up the side of it and tight front to back. METs seem to fit ok but parabellum is expensive.
    Also has anyone noticed that it seems to be exactly the same helmet as the Fly Racing Freestone?

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve a white/black one for sale, brand new never worn in box

And yes it is just a rebranded Fly Racing Firestone, nice helmet though but I preferred my IXS

philstone

I’m very tempted as well – been researching them for the last week – does anyone know how they size up compared to the A1? (TLD)

thegreatape
    Free Member

My head is 63cm and there is plenty of room for it in whatever the largest size is. As I recall when I bought mine the quoted sizes suggested it wouldn’t fit, but it does, easily. Nice helmet too. My only criticism is that it’s a bit gash for an Exposure light mount, has to go on the wonk.

rudds
    Free Member

Got one for a x mas presant have to say it’s a great helmet sizing spot on for me and very comfortable fit
    Bright is a undestatement but look great just a matter of taste. ..would recommend

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They are pretty decent.

It’s an open mould helmet! The Fly Racing Freestone is the same helmet but not as widely available in the UK for some reason.

thecroust
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. Are we saying it’s roomy for its size then? It was more the shape that concerned me, it’s sounding a little bit like it might be one of those that dwarfs my skull. Think I may need to save up for a bit longer.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Skid lids 7IDP content’ is closed to new replies.