Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ski/boarding hol.. Eastern Europe/non Euro?
  • Conor
    Free Member

It’s my 30th in January. I’m planning a week long trip with about 8-10 mates. Was initially planning a fully catered chalet deal in Les Duex, La Plagne etc but the costs are out of budget for a few of the group (including me!). Esp with the strong Euro…

Anybody experience of this kind of holiday outside the Eurozone? Sweden would be too cold and dark!!

Bulgaria, Hungary, Coratia?!

Will be a mixed group of 24-30 somethings ranging from beginner skiers to intermediate/advanced snow baorders. Lively atmosphere and good fun and value for money take preference over a huge ski network! We’ll be too intoxicated to appreciate 5* accom…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Slovenia

Just like Austria, but cheaper. Resorts are quite small. But with a car you can visit several.
    On tour in Slovenia

TheSwede
    Free Member

Have you looked at action outdoors site. Upca prices are very good. All in too. You can all come with me if you like as I have no friends 🙁 / they are all usless mongs. New years day, coach to flaine from Victoria. I know, I sound desperate and odd asking ransoms to come on holiday with me.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Randoms 😀

Conor
    Free Member

Buzz, how did you find the food/nightlife in Slovenia?

Swede, we’ll be flying from Belfast or Dublin so coach from Victoria would add an unwanted 12 hours to the journey!!

nbt

I’d second looking at UCPA, action-outdoors can do coach transfers from Geneva if you can arrange flights there

phil.w
    Free Member

Your money would be better spent on a holiday to Milton Keynes and going to the snowdome than a ski holiday to Bulgaria.

At least your skiing would be guaranteed. 🙂

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

North America for better snow???

ETA can’t recall any snow issues at last years winter olympics ;o)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bulgaria is good and relatively cheap. You can rent a flat near the lifts and it won’t cost awfully much.
    Hungary? You do mean XC skiing?
    Czech Republic has Spindleruv Mlyn with its dozens of pistes and good enough for World Cup racing. Dirt cheap, loads of good B&B/hotels, google Spindleruv Mlyn and see for yourself.

nbt

ETA can’t recall any snow issues at last years winter olympics ;o)

Snow, no – weather yes. Flights to north america are the problem at the moment, it’s about £700 return to vancouver which is a fair old wodge

depth-junkie
    Free Member

Never been too the likes of Bulgaria myself, always stuck to France, Austria and Canada myself. But my best m8 went too Bulgaria 1yr, he said it was shit. Half the price of france, Austria etc but not 5% of the quality. So infact he thought in relation to what you paid and what you got in return Bulgaria was in a weird way expensive. I.e you paid a bit less than France etc but got a lot less in return.

He said he would never go back to bulgaria skiing, as it was cheap ish but deffo not value for money. If you never been skiing before the quality of snow and slopes may seem ok, but anyone who has been to the better bigger resorts will seriously be disapointed. He would rather skip a yr if that’s all he could afford and save the money and go somewhere decent the following year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ski/boarding hol.. Eastern Europe/non Euro?’ is closed to new replies.