Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ski Sunday to return. Yay! And be crap again. Boo!
  • GrahamS

Ski Sunday returns this Sunday, but they’ve decided that the new "magazine format" was a bit too exciting so they’re going back to endless coverage of downhill racing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2009/01/ski_sunday_returns.html

brakes
    Free Member

shame, I liked the new entertainment format

Stoner
    Free Member

Much prefer to watch endless coverage of downhill racing than put up with some Toby or Jocasta banging on about Val d’Isere. Lifestyle stuff can be hidden awawy on the extreme channel or something. Watching 50-60% of each 3 minute run was the best bit.

Shandy
    Free Member

I think they’re split it from what I read on the BBC website, too many whingers complaining about the "junkets" and the reduced race coverage.

There is another show on with the same two presenters from last year doing all the non race stuff.

GrahamS

I really liked the new format. Ed Leigh snowboarding in Japan was really sweet and the whole show was much more interesting. But none of the old whingers seemed to notice that all the race coverage was still there via the Red Button.

avdave2

I used to be an avid watcher in the days of David Vine and Franz Klammer.

crazy-legs

I never liked the new magazine format and being in a non-digital area I had no red button coverage either.
    They tried to copy the sort of Top Gear format to a certain extent and it just didn’t work at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Face it, we all just want to see some Austrian loon crashing down the mountain and being thrown around like a rag doll.

MORE CRASHING!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

per Stoner – used to sit glued to the screen watching Giardelli (sp) laterally Tomba et al…

Houns

Really enjoyed the last season of it, was looking forward to the new series

Woody
    Free Member

Thought the last season was excellent and I think the splitting into 2 could be even better as long as they don’t try to squeeze too much into too short a time slot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ski Sunday to return. Yay! And be crap again. Boo!’ is closed to new replies.