Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ski Operators
  • Notter
    Free Member

Can anyone advise on who are decent to go with for skiing holidays? Travelling as a couple so looking for a hotel rafter than a chalet and I’m also not sure on the best slopes to head to so I’ll be looking for some advice from them also.

Who do you recommend ?
    Thanks!!

eskay

Used Inghams several times and never had a problem.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Why not Chalet ?

I would be tempted to look for a small independent in a resort you fancy rather than a big operator

If you are also looking to learn a bit while away then you can’t go far wrong with Skivo, based in Courcheval (Le Praz 1350) really good Chalets, excellent food and 2 hours of tuition a day with excellent instructors.

Skivo Website

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The font of all STW knowledge for skiing!

I’ve used Crystal and Neilson in the past, and been impressed with both. Crystal had marginally better flights, Neilson marginally better in resort.

As ever, I feel duty bound to recommend the following;
    Hotel Plein Sud, in Serre Chevalier.
    Awesome little place, easy walk to the lifts (Leave your skis/boots in a locker at the foot of the slopes for extra ease). Superb food, really superb in fact.
    And, Serre Che is a lovely place to ski as a couple. Lots of mixed ability terrain, loads of great places to eat on the mountain, etc.
    Also, nice short transfer!

Later trips were with BA, as I had airmiles to use. Much better flights (And baggage allowance!)

Notter
    Free Member

Ski & Snowboard thread, doh…!

Thanks for the recommendations, I just prefer the thought of hotel over chalet, no specific reasons against it. Liking the look of the Hotel Plein Sud CFH, one to definitely follow up on.

Keep them coming if you’ve got them whilst I also peruse the other thread 🙂

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Have been to Europe and US with Crystal. No reason to complain. Just remember it is a package holiday on ice and you will be fine.

luffy105
    Free Member

Skiworld are good. Customer service is held in high regard and their properties are of a good standard.

GrahamS

As above if you are looking for an everything-sorted-for-you package holiday then Crystal are a good bet. Inghams are generally okay too in my experience. Neilson can be hit and miss.

I wouldn’t rule out a chalet either. In fact we’d always take a chalet in preference to a hotel as they just tend to be more personal and sociable.

grum
    Free Member

Chalet is a bit more risky as if you don’t like the people you’re in with you’re stuck having breakfast and dinner with them every day. Have to say though we’ve enjoyed it every time we’ve done it and met some interesting people. I think going as a couple it’s actually nice to have some other people to talk to sometimes!

Been with Crystal, Inghams and Ski France. All generally fine but a bit disorganised on occasion.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Graham, that’s sort of the reason I like the Plein Sud. It’s a small hotel, so feels much more personal than some massive lump like you might find in Flaine or Les Arcs for example.

DezB
    Free Member

Skiworld are good.

Yep, just done a week in one of their chalets. Was most excellent.

globalti
    Free Member

Le Ski. Fantastic service, lovely chalets.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Been a while, but never had any problems with Inghams

Not sure if they are still going, but Thomsons were fine too

grum
    Free Member

Thomson and Crystal seem to be the same company now.

Philby

How experienced are you both? Its pointless going to a huge resort if you are only going to be on the nursery slopes.

My personal favourite resorts have been Montgenevre (France) and Courmayeur (Italy) – both of modest size and quite attractive – and would be fine for beginners.

Been with First Choice (now merged with Crystal) last few years and stayed in hotels run by the excellent Swedish Langley group in Tignes and Val d’Isere – food is excellent. No real issues with First Choice / Crystal, although if you are booking skiing lessons make sure they start on the day you want them to, especially if you are a beginner (one of our group was a complete beginner and the lessons with the ski school didn’t start until Day 2).

bazzer
    Free Member

Another vote for Le Ski here.

In fact going to Val D’isere with them again in two weeks time.

Notter
    Free Member

I’m a solid intermediate and the other half is an experienced beginner if that makes sense! We will need lessons for some of the week I think.
    Excellent suggestions so fat folks and plenty to look at, thanks!

DezB
    Free Member

so fat folks

No need for abuse! 😉

Notter
    Free Member

Well you all look like you could use a bit of time on the bike instead of loitering on the forum 😉

Erm….sorry…!

tragically1969
    Free Member

I’m a solid intermediate and the other half is an experienced beginner if that makes sense! We will need lessons for some of the week I think.

As my post, you really should check out Skivo, I have no connection by the way just a satisfied customer on numerous occasions…..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ski Operators’ is closed to new replies.