Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ski holidays and departure airport?
  • bren2709

Looking to book ski/snowboarding trip to Whistler, Canada but cannot find any departure airports north of London.

Do such flight still exist or do us northerners have to book flights with stop overs?
    Have tried Canadian Affair and they don’t have a winter schedule for 2014.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I flew Manchester to Vancouver with Canadian Affair (Thomson plane tho) a few years ago

At the time they were flying thru the winter, that may have changed tho.
    Have you tried sky scanner?

bren2709

Tried searching but only get flights with 1&2 stops no direct flights 😕

alwillis

Air transat were flying Vancouver to Manchester 18months ago, but haven’t checked since.

sweaman2
    Free Member

AirTransat might be your best bet

bren2709

No schedule just checked for Manchester – Vancouver

oliverd1981
    Free Member

They are basically, quietly reducing the number of Winter ski flights, especially from regional airports. Flying to Gatwick or Heathrow from the north might make sense if you book the flights through the same airline (not necessarily on the same carrier)

shifter
    Free Member

I’ve flown to Colorado a few times via Schipol… Rather that than drive to London 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

No flights from Manchester to Canada currently-thread on UK snowboard forum about it.

If you’re going to Canada, is a drive down to London as part of the trip such a biggie?

crispo
    Free Member

We went to Whistler last winter. We had to fly from Manchester to Amsterdam then onto Vancouver.

Flights were pretty good though, was really impressed with KLM.

bren2709

Tom B – driving to London is a biggie especially when I live in North Cumbria.

Well looks like I will have to get my head round a stop off and longer flight 😕

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

How many people going – National Express to London ???

Would also suggest trains but had too many awful train trips back to London from your part of the world.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah bit of a trek then. Fly to Amsterdam then onto Vancouver is probably the best bet then.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ski holidays and departure airport?’ is closed to new replies.