Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SKF Square Taper BB
  • Andy-R

Are they still in production and, if so, where can I get one from? The one I have is on its last legs after about ten years use, on various singlespeeds, and I can’t for the life of me remember where I got it from nor can I find anywhere that stocks them.

Failing that, what suggestions for a square taper BB, 68x113mm (or116mm)? Everyone usually suggests Shimano but I’ve not found the newer stuff to be that wonderful, tbh.

Thanks guys!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I actually have one with not a lot of use – probably don’t need it now but need to check my commute bike.

Brick Lane Bikes have Phil Wood but not in your size.

You could get a phil wood from ebay and get new bearings and cups from brick lane :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phil-wood-bottom-bracket/112740594704?hash=item1a3fdcf410:g:qtUAAOSwOA1aEgGe

And there is always Royce :

http://www.royceuk.co.uk/Bottom-Bracket-Axles-Tapered-Square/

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ialso have a titanium Phil Wood of your size but I need to get new bearings from BLB I think. Depending on how it looks I might just mount it on the wall, as it was so pretty when I got it.

otsdr
    Free Member

Brompton recently recalled their FAG bottom brackets and replaced them with Thun; they are supposedly made in Germany.

Andy-R

Thanks for that – I already checked Compass, but they have no stock in either 113mm or 116mm, unfortunately, and that particular Phil Wood BB on ebay has Italian  cups.

I’ll check out Royce and see what I might be able to afford………

Edit – by the look of it, not much……:-(

Andy-R

TurnerGuy – if you decide that you don’t need the SKF BB that you have then please give me a shout!

Andy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SKF Square Taper BB’ is closed to new replies.