Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sizing of canyon spectral WMN – advice needed
  • campalumpa
    Free Member

I want to buy a spectral CF 7.0 and am right at the top end of the small size – 168cm/5ft 6 and 81cm/32 inside leg.

I have played around with their size calculator and if I put in 170cm, I need a medium. If I keep the height the same and acquire 85cm legs, I am a medium

Canyon has advised getting a small – the stem is 50mm if that helps but I think you can ask for different stem length.

I have a 2015 canyon nerve at the mpment in small and I do feel a bit squished but maybe bike geometry has moved on since 2015 so this bike would feel different anyway.

Advice and thoughts would be very welcome

TVMIA.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Womens bikes used to be identical other than colours, grips and saddles. Not sure if they’ve altered that now.

Check the reach and top tube for yours (566mm) and the current small spectral 582 – it has got a bit longer between generations.

Theres another 26mm increase on the top tube between a small and a medium, loads of standover.

campalumpa
    Free Member

Thanks for replying

Looking on the canyon website, the TTL (measurement ,) is 569mm in size S. Where are you getting yours from?

devbrix
    Free Member

Having just bought a Spectral was in the same quandary. Website said medium (5’10” and inside leg 33”) which is what I bought and it’s fine for me even though I’ve had bigger bikes. There is about a spare inch of dropper to ‘drop’ if I needed. Be a pain but I checked before parting with the cash and you can apparently mail the bike back if it’s the wrong size and get another size.

sok

My advice would be to size up

Review: Canyon Spectral WMN AL 6.0

ebennett

I had a similar dilemma when getting the mens version last year – based on height (170 cm) I should have been on the medium but my short inside leg resulted in a recommendation for the small. Similar to you, nudging the inside leg up by 1 cm resulted in the medium being recommended so I ended up going for the medium as it was in stock and there was a 6-8 week wait for the small. I struggled a wee bit with maintaining contact with the pedal at the bottom of the stroke, which may or may not have contributed to me tearing a muscle (no issues in ~4 years on the old bike and it went after ~5 rides on the new one :/). However, swapping the 175 mm cranks out for 170 mm ones sorted the issue (though 165 mm would have been better tbh, just couldn’t find them anywhere…) and the bike itself is great!

TLDR – you’ll probably be fine on the medium but you might need to get shorter cranks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sizing of canyon spectral WMN – advice needed’ is closed to new replies.