• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Alek.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Six nations, Scotlsnd vs Wales
  • akira

Watching it but already apprehensive, a win for Scotland would be great but Wales are pretty strong.
    Anyone else watching through baited breath? So to speak.

bruneep

Nope 👿 kids are watching charlie and the chocolate factory

epo-aholic
    Free Member

can’t see us winning as he welsh are still really strong, may as well give ’em the trophy now!

akira

Well so far it’s going pretty well, no mistakes or anything yet.
    Not finished the national anthem though…..

SST
    Free Member

Sure I just saw someone fumble in the middle of the anthem . . .

Alek
    Free Member

Too many mistakes by over eager scots.

Wales too strong and will romp home to a confortable win. Damn it!!!

racemonkey

I was watching for 20 minutes but really can’t abide Jonathon Davies commentating.

Is it just me being English or is it him being so pro Welsh. So he loves his country – fair enough but surely when he’s being paid to talk about a game being broadcast on the BBC (who are so politically correct it’s almost unbelieveable) he should try and contain himself.

Granted the second Scottish player who was knocked out cold deserved to be sin binned but when Davies kept repeatedly going on about a yellow card while the guy’s still be attended to on the pitch was at the least unprofessional.

Couldn’t take any more than that and switched off and I was quite looking forward to watching a bit of Union.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

racemonkey…have you ever watched England – in any sport – commentated on by English commentators!!?! So yes, it is you just being English!

akira

May go and do something else instead now………would have been more disappointed but had low expectations to begin with.
    Sigh!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

really can’t abide Jonathon Davies commentating.

Numpty. Jiffy is one of the most consistent and knowledgable commentators out there, and he does not allow being Welsh to get in the way of what he says.

but when Davies kept repeatedly going on about a yellow card while the guy’s still be attended to on the pitch was at the least unprofessional.

He deliberately took a man out in the air. That is a vile and unnecessary foul and therefore totally deserving of a yellow card, therefore Jiffy was right to be calling for it. Webster was lucky to have escaped without one earlier in the game for his shoulder barge.

reacemonkey, I would suggest that you are, in my humble opinion, an idiot. The fact that you referred to it as “union” as opposed to simply “rugby” makes me further think that you are almost certainly a chippy professional Northerner more used to watching run and wriggle. Clearly, however, you know little or nothing about real rugby.

Pigface
    Free Member

Good grief I agree with Flasheart, Jiffy is brilliant.
    Well done Wales, now to beat the saes next week.

Dont get the banter about League being better, it is always one way traffic, coming from League fans. I enjoy League but it seems a bit one dimensional, just running tackle running tackle, I like the way set pieces in Union set up the play.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oi Flashheart – i’m a Northerner & i follow rugby, Sale supporter!

racemonkey

Each to their own I suppose.

I guess Brian Moore is as bad if you’re not English and I realise Davies is very knowledgeable he just annoys me greatly.

Oh and CFH I am a southern softie who used to love playing rugby when you could actually wheel a scrum and you didn’t have to recycle the ball in about 2 seconds.

IMHO it was a better game when the forwards had to ruck and maul and cuddle one another on the floor for ages but that’s probably because I used to be in the front row.

Jenga
    Free Member

Will the Scots beat anyone in this season’s Championship? I can’t even see them beating Italy. They were dire, far worse than England, who were also pretty awful.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Brian Moore is as bad

Brian Moore seems to spend most of the time having a go at England.

Which, given how we are playing, is fair enough.

Alek
    Free Member

So long as scotland beat england at twickers………

thats the only scoltand game of any importance. Another year under Hadden and still the same sh!te (from a scottish perspective of course) his team selection today baffled me!

waihiboy
    Free Member

As stated Brian Moore is just as bad if not worse…. Davies can be very condescending but they both know their stuff and our bound to be impartial 😉

I don’t think we’ll do the grand slam again this year, it will all be down to points and how much teams stick on poor Italy. Ireland will be Wales stumbling block but then again its a home game!

Wales are getting there but a long way to go still not clinical enough and only taking advantage of other teams mistakes, jones should have sunk a load more kicks.

then again what do i know!!

devs
    Free Member

Racemonkey is clearly one eyed. Davies knows his stuff and is mostly impartial. If Wales are playing badly he is the first to point it out. He is a breath of fresh air compared to the smarmy faced wakner called Inverdale and Guscott who start talking about England in every game that they cover, no matter who is playing. It’s downright disrespectful.

Alek
    Free Member

totally agree ‘devs’

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Six nations, Scotlsnd vs Wales’ is closed to new replies.